Tools that you carry in your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a tool kit I move from car to car depending on what I drive. It has a metric and SAE socket set, various open and combination wrenches, pliers, screw drivers and so on.I can do 90% of the repairs on my cars with what's in that box. besides that, each vehicle has a pair of fencing pliers a 6 cell flashlight under the drivers seat. In the rear or trunk I carry a new blanket in the wrapper for emergencies, a pair of jumper cables (4ga or thicker), a 4 way lug wrench with black tape around the shaft on the arm that fits that vehicles lug nuts and usually a high visibility rain coat. In my Escalade but not my Impala I carry a hook that will fit in the class III receiver and a lneght of chain for road recoveries.

Sometimes, depending on where I'm going, I'll carry my stainless steel 45LC revolver in the console. Good stopping power and low enough kick I can hit close to bulls eyes from 50 feet one handed. I'm too close to Illinois to carry it in the car or SUV all the time.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Does anyone still carry tools in your truck for quick repair? or is too old school? Let's see who and what, could be a whole set or something you put (pieced) together by yourself.

The only time I carry anything is when I drive over 5hrs, the items I carry 2 jack stands, small craftman tool set, channel locks, crecent wrench, set of open box wrenches several screw drivers and a cordless drill . Luckly I have never used any of them.

Reaction score
Cool tool for the garage or shop. Don't know about keeping it in my vehicle since it's needing an air source.

I have an inflator gun with digital gauge I use with my air compressor in my garage. It makes inflating easy. Just attach to tire valve and it shows you tire pressure. Squeeze trigger to inflate and when you release trigger it shows the tire pressure again.

e55449c980bbe0dd0ac0304de6815cdb.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool tool for the garage or shop. Don't know about keeping it in my vehicle since it's needing an air source.

I have an inflator gun with digital gauge I use with my air compressor in my garage. It makes inflating easy. Just attach to tire valve and it shows you tire pressure. Squeeze trigger to inflate and when you release trigger it shows the tire pressure again.

e55449c980bbe0dd0ac0304de6815cdb.jpg

Yes you are correct, most people would find this more beneficial in their garages rather than in the truck. On the other hand I do have onboard air compressor in my truck and use this very often while off-roading, Deflating and inflating tires few times a day. Was using inflator gun simulator to the one you have post picture of for a long time, but found this to be a major pain on my butt, many times just drove with low air, it's been eating up my tires fast, Hope the RapidAir inflator will help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n