Tools that you carry in your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone still carry tools in your truck for quick repair? or is too old school? Let's see who and what, could be a whole set or something you put (pieced) together by yourself.

Last edited:

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less tools, more extraction and survival stuff.

I have a 70-lb(ish) foot locker in the cargo area of my Burb.

Small set of basic tools - wrenches, sockets, pliers, wire cutters, screwdrivers, etc)
Machete
4-lb mini sledge

If I know I'm going to be in more remote areas, like the Upper Peninsula, or offroading, then yes, I'll pack a larger tool kit for possible repairs.

Biggest single thing I can recommend is carrying a spare serpentine and the socket/breaker bar for the tensioner pulley.

Reaction score
OBDII bluetooth Scantool, Diablo intune i3 programmer, tire pressure gauge, small extinguisher, small flashlight, loaded extra magazines for my CCW, and the factory jack/lug wrench/spare tire winch tool. Also a snow scraper/brush when in season

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less tools, more extraction and survival stuff.

I have a 70-lb(ish) foot locker in the cargo area of my Burb.

Small set of basic tools - wrenches, sockets, pliers, wire cutters, screwdrivers, etc)
Machete
4-lb mini sledge

If I know I'm going to be in more remote areas, like the Upper Peninsula, or offroading, then yes, I'll pack a larger tool kit for possible repairs.

Biggest single thing I can recommend is carrying a spare serpentine and the socket/breaker bar for the tensioner pulley.
any pic's of your locker? I have one too.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Does anyone still carry tools in your truck for quick repair? or is too old school? Let's see who and what, could be a whole set or something you put (pieced) together by yourself.
AAA card :D. Seriously tho, I don't have any room to carry anything but the factory jack and a portable air pump. But you should see what I carry around in my van!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OBDII bluetooth Scantool, Diablo intune i3 programmer, tire pressure gauge, small extinguisher, small flashlight, loaded extra magazines for my CCW, and the factory jack/lug wrench/spare tire winch tool. Also a snow scraper/brush when in season

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
Extra mags?? Where do you go driving through lol??!!

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AAA card :D. Seriously tho, I don't have any room to carry anything but the factory jack and a portable air pump. But you should see what I carry around in my van!

wow, AAA card that is hard core old school. LOL I have NJM insurance that covers towing.

Reaction score
Extra mags?? Where do you go driving through lol??!!
Not necessarily for the extra ammo, but you never know when you may have a mag/ammo failure, especially when needed most... Lol

I live in St. Louis (a few miles from Ferguson... Lol)

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE