too much power?? is that possible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just go Denali and skip the Hybrid part :shrug: When does the new job in CO start? :)

Yea I can find a pretty sweet 09 Denali with AC seats/rear ent/loaded for 40k with like 30k miles where a Hybrid Denali will cost me 60k... I just don't know if 20k is worth the hybrid feature...

I have to go to a training thing for a month in Oklahoma before I can start so in the Fall/end of this year is when i'll have to move... then the hunt for the elusive Black Denali begins :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool man :waytogo: What does the lady think about all that? I know that when I change jobs the wife gets a little antsy because of the change and the unknown :)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think we're going to finish up the Burban and wait for the new bodystyle Escalades and then switch over to one of those. Tired of trying to make the LTZ look like an ESV, lol.

Had one. TVS1900 off my Silverado. Pulled it off and was going to put it on and the wife didn't want it. Said she was happy with how it was as-is. So, I can't blame her, I was the power freak, she's not. Although she has a taste for exotic cars that she wouldnt mind running, but didnt want to go all engine-crazy on her daily mom wagon. :Handshake:

aww damn I wish the doors would've at least worked. It would've pushed me over the edge to do the same thing. I really like how the middle B/C Pillar's are gloss black no matter what color the vehicle is on the Esky.

LOL put it on when she's out of town for a weekend. Maybe she won't notice :)

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

cool man :waytogo: What does the lady think about all that? I know that when I change jobs the wife gets a little antsy because of the change and the unknown :)

She doesn't want to move because she has a big family that can help with the baby that's due in 9 weeks but I can't pass this opportunity up and it requires that I relocate... at least it's Denver, CO and not some random small isolated city :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

ok so i guess the idea of simplicity that i wanted is not going to be done by me... damnit. so will the bb tune be to much for this stock parts to handle.???

So far the general consensus around here is if you have a GMTxxx vehicle, a BB Tune is a good choice stock or modded lol

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was running 11PSI on my 5.3L tahoe with cam/headers etc, only mod to the transmission was a Vette Servo. No problems whatsoever and she is still running strong for the new owner (took blower off).

Disclaimer: I didn't drive it like a ****, but I did get her moving quite a bit.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I think the 6L80 is too new to ***** durability. The 6L80 is basically a 4L80 right?

6L80 is a 6-speed 4L80... strong and stout.

4L60/65/70 are WEAK transmissions.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I can find a pretty sweet 09 Denali with AC seats/rear ent/loaded for 40k with like 30k miles where a Hybrid Denali will cost me 60k... I just don't know if 20k is worth the hybrid feature...
That's a rip... I got my 09 last year with 5k miles, certified preowned, AC seats, SBZA, sunroof, rear dvd, rear heated seats, heated steering wheel... loaded except for power side steps for $44k

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
FWIR, the 4L60 is good to ~400bhp. The 6L80 is good to ~600bhp. Beef up the internals to the 6L80 and your good for 1,000+. MY2009+ Tahoes got the 6L80 on all drivetrains. That's why I picked up a 6L80 from a 2009 4wd for $1,200 from a Tahoe that was totalled in the front end. Getting ready to tear it down as soon as I have the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan