Too Light Steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jkittre777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do have hydro boost. I felt zero difference in braking and I just finished towing large boat . The flow valve is a direct replacement on my pump. I had replaced everything trying to fix the over sensitivity. A-arm bushings, pump, gear box, intermittent shaft, added a stabilizer. Nothing worked.

Jkittre777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not a shell game. Just want everyone to know that I found a fix for my steering.

djbethel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I finally got tired of white knuckling on long trips so I fixed the problem 100%. I replaced the orifice on the back of the power steering pump. It’s called a “Mustang 2 power steering flow valve”
P/N 91032918. Made by
“ Speedway Motors”.
I ordered it on Amazon. I am super stoked!!! 100% fixed the sensitive steering.
I have been chasing steering problems on my 03 Tahoe for over a year now. I ordered this part and installed it yesterday and it has made the largest improvement to steering feel out of every other part I've replaced/upgraded so far. I do not have the hydroboost brake set up so I can't say how it might affect that but I can definitely recommend this if you feel you have too sensitive steering.

The installation was straight forward, aside from a bit of a struggle getting wrenches in the right places I didn't have to remove the pump or anything major.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts