Too Light Steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali716

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never mind i adjusted my gear box 1/4 turn clockwise and it made more difference than any part i have changed on the suspension to date.Best free mod i have ever done.Unreal steering now

Newbie to a denali. But have been reading the thread, where can i find the adjustment screw/bolt that you adjusted ?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. Did this really work?
unless your steering box is completely worn it it can definitely help.

the other problem that people have is over assisted steering. The power steering assist is variable and if your sensor is bad it defaults to full power all the time IIRC. this can make it feel a little twitchy on the highway.

Last edited:

Jkittre777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the pump with one that does not have the assist.
I’m gonna try this after work. I also put the kyb stabilizer. No change.

ColoradoMike99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread. Seems like there are two issues: 1) loose steering and 2) over sensitive / variable assist issues. I have a 99 and had the variable assist issue back when it was new. Not sure what happened but it seemed to go away. Now, 20 years later I do a lift and larger tires, and the issue is back. Front end is completely new and aligned. The steering issue is back with a vengeance. I'm thinking the larger tires have changed the resistance it is sensing? Anyway, I need to fix this once and for all. Feels darty and unsafe. Have to constantly pay attention. Is it officially solved? that replacing GM Part number 26084178 fixes the variable assist issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972