Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Good job Tony! Good stuff here with the new job and the son helping!
Thx @89Suburban/Paw Paw. Nothing good to report on the brakes front--
Put the Tech 2 on, but couldn't really find much. I found a bunch of 4wd/transfer case stored codes in the history, and while looking the reduced engine power popped up 2-3 times. I couldn't reset it using the Tech 2 so I had to use my regular scanner for that. I looked all around, even in special functions and found nothing. I was able to cycle the abs.module on/off quite a few times--so maybe that rules out that module. So, nothing new to report.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
expand...
Forgot to add this---this was while I was in park--
20211002_140927-jpg.jpg
This is what my regular scanner says it is. I was having an issue with the abs giving me intermittent issues prior, saying it was the left front sensor. I did the front pads maybe a month ago, and swapped in a new sensor. Now it's been lit ever since. I haven't had time to swap it around--i saved the old one.
20211002_135826-jpg.jpg
20211002_135834-jpg.jpg
Btw--that left front sensor is brand new, so that's weird.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that dont sound right, like is really leting out all the air in the booster. engines off when you did the vid right? saw the pedal look to get firmer. does the idle really surge when you it running?

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It could be a bit of work but what about swapping sensors side to side, see if the codes follow?
I'll have to do it next weekend.
that dont sound right, like is really leting out all the air in the booster. engines off when you did the vid right? saw the pedal look to get firmer. does the idle really surge when you it running?
The idle does surge sometimes while at a red light. I've swapped out the mags to a known good oem unit and it hasn't changed. I've been double posting--also on the 01-06 gmt 800 thread and someone there check their brake pedal--did the same exact thing. And theirs is fine.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The pedal will not "bleed" down with a failing booster, like with a failing master cylinder. Sounds to me like a failing vacuum booster. If you have hydro boost, that sound should not even be there. Eventually, if the booster fails completely, that pedal will be HARD. That surging idle could also be from a vacuum leak from the brake booster. Intermittent.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The pedal will not "bleed" down with a failing booster, like with a failing master cylinder. Sounds to me like a failing vacuum booster. If you have hydro boost, that sound should not even be there. Eventually, if the booster fails completely, that pedal will be HARD. That surging idle could also be from a vacuum leak from the brake booster. Intermittent.
No hydro boost. Think the brake maintenance light would come on for a bad booster?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts