Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey looking at the 1st clip,is that shaft supposed to roll over straight or is it okay to have a slight bend in it. Can you see that from the cab while turning the wheel?
Supposed to be straight but I banged it to slide the other end into the steering box shaft. I opened the opening a bit--so in Americanese--I fu-c-k-ed it up. I'm hoping it'll be ok.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Supposed to be straight but I banged it to slide the other end into the steering box shaft. I opened the opening a bit--so in Americanese--I fu-c-k-ed it up. I'm hoping it'll be ok.

Since you have some "play" in it could you try to straighten out the joint a bit? Loosen the nut and adjust?

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Since you have some "play" in it could you try to straighten out the joint a bit? Loosen the nut and adjust?
I did that. I loosened the nut and pulled/yanked up on the shaft as I retightened. Same deal. I think the only way to fix it is to buy another lower shaft. Nope. I'm gonna run it for awhile, see what happens. Honestly I think it'll be fine tho.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did that. I loosened the nut and pulled/yanked up on the shaft as I retightened. Same deal. I think the only way to fix it is to buy another lower shaft. Nope. I'm gonna run it for awhile, see what happens. Honestly I think it'll be fine tho.
You can’t feel that in the steering wheel as you’re driving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011