Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving today I got the dreaded "reduced engine power" P1516, a few times and it sux! I pulled over and shut if off, both times for less then a minute, and it was fine, but wth? Later on, as it was idling, I wiggled the hell out of the plugs and wiring coming off the throttle body, I went about a foot or so in and I couldn't get the reduced power to display. I've read a million times on here how that's usually the common issue. Anyone have any other ideas? It doesn't happen often but it's still annoying, and I don't want it to become a dangerous issue for us.
I've read it could be a broken wire at the TB specifically the yellow one that breaks internally and the best way to check is to try to pull on each wire separately while it's running.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I got my 2" drop spindles today. IMAG2159.jpg
I really don't want to remove my 2" drop keys if I don't have to. Think it would be possible to crank the keys all the way up and use these spindles? I really don't want to reinstall the stock keys. As of now, the edge of my front fender to ground is 32 1/2 inches.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install the spindles then crank the keys to fine-tune it where you want it. I doubt you'll be able to crank out the full 2", but maybe you'll be fine with a 3" drop?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Tony what cam did you end up with? Specs? I'm looking at doing a cam in mine and thinking about the Vinci Trucker.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey Tony what cam did you end up with? Specs? I'm looking at doing a cam in mine and thinking about the Vinci Trucker.
IMAG0959.jpg
Here's the sheet with the cam specs. I don't know Jack about cam specs. Has a really lopey idle and decent bottom end. Hauls ass!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv