To wrap or not to wrap, that is the question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3dirtwheels

Reaction score
I loved the bright red paint on my 2 door when I bought it with 65K miles on it back in 2008, the clear coat began flaking off and I had it painted less the clear at about 175K miles (STOOPID I know!). Now thru lack of care the paint is faded and it's time to pay my stoopid tax and get the paint or wrap squared away at 305K miles now that the new engine is in and everything seems fairly squared away after getting it back on the road. I have a crack in the paint below one of the barn doors that's about 1" but I think that's about it as far as body work is concerned.

Looking for suggestions, should I go back red or do a winter camo wrap that will match my gray interior?

I will be leveling this one up and I'm also looking for heavy duty bumper suggestions.

Last edited:

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved the bright red paint on my 2 door when I bought it with 65K miles on it back in 2008, the clear coat began flaking off and I had it painted less the clear at about 175K miles (STOOPID I know!). Now thru lack of care the paint is faded and it's time to pay my stoopid tax and get the paint or wrap squared away at 305K miles now that the new engine is in and everything seems fairly squared away after getting it back on the road. I have a crack in the paint below one of the barn doors that's about 1" but I think that's about it as far as body work is concerned.

Looking for suggestions, should I go back red or do a winter camo wrap that will match my gray interior?

I will be leveling this one up and I'm also looking for heavy duty bumper suggestions.

I would go with the Red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy