To Sell or Not to sell...... That is the question!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have looked at K2's, and as nice as they are, I cant justify the 35k pricetag for a decent used one. So I was looking at NNBS trucks again, I am pushing 116k on my gal now, 12 burb LT, Putting 450-500 miles a week now on her. I know she can go 200k, just thought if I traded her off, got something with 40k it stretches the time to get to 200k. I found a nice NNBS 13 Tahoe LTZ, 48k miles for 28k... All the K2's I looked at had 60 to 70k miles. I got my ole gal appraised and they said 11.5 k is their best offer. So I walked away. Its worth more than that to me. She is paid off... Did the LED interior upgrade, LED DLR so far, superchips cortex, she scratches second under full throttle. Just a fun old gal.

So now down to the question, Starting over with another vehicle with very low miles and no cracked dash, or keep the old gal that actually drives better and rides better than the 10 Eskys I drove while looking? She has a few dings, paint isn't perfect but works. Honestly this is the first vehicle I financed, and paid off, did that in 6 months though and have had her 1.5 yrs. I know some of yall here have major mileage and some lightly used.

I have thought of getting another 03-06 Yukon beater and use that for the commute, save this gal for some pretty mods.

Here is my Burb...…..12-1.jpg

12-2.jpg

12-3.jpg

12-4.jpg

12-5.jpg

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The devil you know.....

She's paid for and running okay? Definitely keep her and drive her. Add a mod or two to keep the spice in your relationship. :) Otherwise, take the funds that you'd devote to a monthly car payment and sock those into savings every month. You'll be that much better off for occasional repairs......or to devote towards a new car purchase when you really NEED to.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't trust the K2s and I don't see the point in going into debt to have essentially the same exact vehicle. Sure, the mileage is lower. But, is it worth $28K and a monthly note to HOPE you buy yourself time before something happens? Some major failures (specifically AFM) happen at really low mileages such as 20s-40s. So, it's still a crapshoot. Maintaining and repairing is part of owning a vehicle. Starting over with debt just in hoping that you delay costly repairs is absurd. For far less than $28K, you can drop a brand new engine, transmission, suspension system and many other wear items into your current rig and "reset the clock".

116K isn't much on a maintained GMT900. I say you utilize the fact that you've taken care of her and bank on something NOT happening, but keep a safety net to cover the worst such as an engine failure which would still only be a fraction of that $28K. Also, it's not a guaranteed debt cuz a failure may not happen. A "new" car note IS a guaranteed debt. If you wanna keep the miles off and if it's worth it to you, get an economical commuter car that you can pay cash for. I like DJs idea of taking what would be a car note and saving it for the unexpected, car-related or not.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal viewpoints, were it me:

I've never gotten rid of a vehicle I still enjoyed being in.

"New" is temporary. Payments tend to hang around.

What if your current truck has a major breakdown? It's paid off so you'll fix it.

What if a new truck with a substantial payment breaks down? You'll still have to pay for the repair...and the new monthly payment (very doubtful the years you're looking at have any warranty).

If I were getting a side vehicle to commute in it wouldn't be a Yukon. It'd have 4 cylinders. Or 2. Or pedals.

Al that being said, you can't live life always playing it safe. Well, you can but it's boring.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta keep it and make it a secondary vehicle. I have tried to trade my avy 3 times for a K, and walked every time (6.2 sierra & silvy, and a z71 tahoe). All the crap they are adding (lane sensors, auto brakes, etc) is just more points of failure to break in the future. The 900s are simple, and when they break - upgrade! Need new engine? 6.2!
For your commute, get a germ beater. For around 20k, you can pick up a 15 or 16 328i. Add an ext warranty for a couple g more, and you will have a fun ride that can fit 5 in a pinch, easily goes from 70 to 120 in a flash, and gets >35mpg if you take it easy. Mine is really helping my midlife crisis, and it cost half of what the challenger I thought I needed. Its also nice to climb back in the truck from time to time and appreciate the smooth tall ride...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What have you modded power wise to break the tires on a shift to second?
It’s just a superchips cortex with their shift setting. I about pissed myself laughing when it did it and the truck I passed with their jaws dropped.

Heard the blackbear really opens em up. Thinking of doing that and a MIT and maybe resonator delete. Really hate these 3.08 gears. That’s my main *****.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore