To Sell or Not to sell...... That is the question!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta keep it and make it a secondary vehicle. I have tried to trade my avy 3 times for a K, and walked every time (6.2 sierra & silvy, and a z71 tahoe). All the crap they are adding (lane sensors, auto brakes, etc) is just more points of failure to break in the future. The 900s are simple, and when they break - upgrade! Need new engine? 6.2!
For your commute, get a germ beater. For around 20k, you can pick up a 15 or 16 328i. Add an ext warranty for a couple g more, and you will have a fun ride that can fit 5 in a pinch, easily goes from 70 to 120 in a flash, and gets >35mpg if you take it easy. Mine is really helping my midlife crisis, and it cost half of what the challenger I thought I needed. Its also nice to climb back in the truck from time to time and appreciate the smooth tall ride...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Yeah. All those bells even going from my 03 to this was hard due to the traction nany and other sensors. I honestly would probably like a k2 till it broke then be sick. 6.2 would be the way to go in a burb. The torque is amazing when tuned. Had a 11 silverado with 6.2 and it was a fun ***** for sure. Damn I do miss that truck but the burb has extreme comfort for sure.

Really like the idea of commuter car just added insurance rate will suck a bit but preserves my old gal a bit more for years to come.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote to keep it. I would not buy a 03-06 Yukon due to age and mileage. A lot of things just start to go from age. Plus you will probably never know the full maintenance history.

You know your Burb is well maintained so just keep it. I had long commute for years [NYC-Upstate N.Y. and managed to keep my V8 vehicles for close to 300K miles with nothing major done. They are were serviced every 5K miles. Plus with added insurance it would not be worth it. When I sold my vehicles everything worked. If for some reason you need another vehicle while work is being done on the Burb it will be cheaper just to rent one.

All that just IMHO.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta keep it and make it a secondary vehicle. I have tried to trade my avy 3 times for a K, and walked every time (6.2 sierra & silvy, and a z71 tahoe). All the crap they are adding (lane sensors, auto brakes, etc) is just more points of failure to break in the future. The 900s are simple, and when they break - upgrade! Need new engine? 6.2!
For your commute, get a germ beater. For around 20k, you can pick up a 15 or 16 328i. Add an ext warranty for a couple g more, and you will have a fun ride that can fit 5 in a pinch, easily goes from 70 to 120 in a flash, and gets >35mpg if you take it easy. Mine is really helping my midlife crisis, and it cost half of what the challenger I thought I needed. Its also nice to climb back in the truck from time to time and appreciate the smooth tall ride...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
almost bought a subby for 12k awhile back with 106k miles

if it wasen't for the bulky size i would have bought it. but super large suvs are pain to park in los angeles...

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after a ton of thinking and still loving my big gal... bought a lil Chrysler 300, figured I would drive it 4 days a week, enjoy the 30mpg, kinda opens the doors to a few mods on the burb. Got it for nada clean trade value so cant complain there. In 6 months if I change my mind I will run it on ebay or something and get what I paid for it probably. Driving in to work today though was a huge difference after driving the burb for so long.

So the good news is the burb is staying in my fleet.

Maybe once I get this 53 belair on the road I will sell the 300....

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well what a day. Car crapped out. Dealer wanted it back also. They stood behind that used car and took it back with open arms. Amazing this day in age.

Few hours later the dealer w the 13 Tahoe ltz called. Dropped their price almost too goo to pass up. 25k for one with 48k miles. Man. Tough decision. I do find the utility of the burb nice. I like no payments but for 15k out the door I’m hard pressed. I know someone said afm dies early. Hell thats the first thing getting bypassed in a canned tune anyways. Hate that 4 cyl crap.

23k miles a year is my current average. Adds up fast. I have first right of refusal on the hoe. Have 20 hrs to make that call. Damnnnnnn.

Only hesitation is that air suspension stuff.

But it has the trailer brake controller and 3.42 gears that’s a big plus. I know I can add that for a fraction of the cost.

It’s clean 1 owner. Damn folks pray for me. Wife wants me to go ahead. I’m hesitating still. Forehead meet Wall.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s clean 1 owner. Damn folks pray for me. Wife wants me to go ahead. I’m hesitating still. Forehead meet Wall.

Prayers sent. Make sure you get all the service records you can and if possible have a good independent mechanic put it on the rack just in case you missed something.

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys..I went and checked it out again yesterday after work.... Drove it again.... Looked it over real good. You know when you really put the nose to the grind you can find a lot of stuff wrong... I got back from my test drive... checking it out some more and for what they want, and the problems I found, I was on the fence... stood back as it was parked next to my burb, Both beautiful gals in black..... told him that it wasn't the vehicle for me.... Drove my burb home.... and AM NOT LOOKING for a replacement anytime soon.

SO ITS MOD TIME ……….. within reason...… thinking that BB tune is going to be first...….Maybe sway bar update too....

Thanks Everyone for the help in making my decisions on this subject... We have had a few tahoes, when I went to the car lot originally I was looking at some tahoes, then this burb was on the lot, little dirty, but I got drawn in.....paid 18k for it with 90 something on the clock....over 20k miles later..... I have a hard time going backward to the Tahoe, the utility of the extra room and better ride is well worth it....Now I see why there are more tahoes for sale than the burb/xl format....

End of the day... you guys helped put some stuff in to light that I was clouded on.... and I appreciate that!

Even a little dirty she still looks good...

12-1.jpg

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'53 Belair? Get working on it.

( Suggestion below )

View attachment 223340

I have been a little, just trying to not destroy my back and keep walking upright....
Appreciate the suggestion..... little lower and some chrome steels with WW tires is my passion.... Going to do a full lowrider panel painted roof with lace, and all kinds of cool stuff... hotrod crossover somewhat.

53-6.jpg
53-1.jpg

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bigkevs.....

Black color........ I had a black Cadillac STS..... after washing it it was dusty looking in 10 minutes. I bought a car duster. YOUR Burb is very nice BTW.

Your '53...... One piece at a time.... The journey is part of the pleasure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE