To lift or keep stock?? Shock suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2003 Yukon xl slt 4x4. I've gotten the front end pretty well rebuilt, gotta do a ball joint at some point but she's barely moving as of now. So I'm gonna need shocks because she's old 272 kms (Canadian) I really like the idea of a lift, but I don't wanna mess with ride quality all that much, still haven't really felt the way it should probably feel since I've owned it (needing shocks). So my question is what's a really good entry level lift, that wont mess with factory ride. The truck doesn't have rear air, just the fat shocks, ill look up the rpo today, and let you guys know.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock suck, so it either has to go up or come down

Oldmopars

Reaction score
I would have to disagree. I try to keep things as stock as possible because every change comes at a cost. With some exceptions, the more stock the vehicle is, the longer it will last.
However, lifted or lowered does look cool.

OP
OP
Kurupt

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2003 Yukon xl slt 4x4. I've gotten the front end pretty well rebuilt, gotta do a ball joint at some point but she's barely moving as of now. So I'm gonna need shocks because she's old 272 kms (Canadian) I really like the idea of a lift, but I don't wanna mess with ride quality all that much, still haven't really felt the way it should probably feel since I've owned it (needing shocks). So my question is what's a really good entry level lift, that wont mess with factory ride. The truck doesn't have rear air, just the fat shocks, ill look up the rpo today, and let you guys know.
ZW7 suspension

OP
OP
Kurupt

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have to agree, lowering is also a consideration, but i keep reading everyone having trouble with the bump stops, my suspension guy is a bit of a "nancy" i dont think i could talk him into cutting anything off lol.