To level or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes been there.Dropped it with Belltech 2/4 kit didn't like it. You have to cut out the rear bump stop and bracket. I wound up lifting the front and rear back up. STAY away from Belltech shocks, I still got to change them out. Rough ride. The only thing I was happy about with my suspension mods were the big anti-sway bars.

IMO either put 2" spacers on the front or put 2"lowering springs in the rear. That's up too you
Can 2" lowering springs for the rear be installed without any other modifications without resulting in any issues? I am dying to level mine out 2" too and I really don't want to do the front lift, even thought it seems simpler, cheaper and faster. I don't want to go hacking off my rear bump stop/frame either. Just a 2" rear drop simple as it can be if that is even an option. I'll even do just an inch if I have too.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to decide if I should do a level on my 2011 Tahoe LT. I'm thinking of either a 2.5 inch lift in front with a 1 inch lift in rear or just a 1.5 or 2.0 inch lift in front. Question is will it look silly with 18 inch wheels running 265/65r18 Michelin Defender tires? I don't want it to look to tall with too small of a tire. What are your all's thoughts? Here is a pic for reference. I'm also thinking of putting z71 fender flares on. Not 100 percent on that though.
How do you like those tires? I am thinking about getting a set.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Brandon2489

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like those tires? I am thinking about getting a set.
I love them. Very quiet and good ride. I feel my Tahoe rides rough in the rear at higher speeds for a ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride suspension but that doesn't have anything to do with the tires. So far they have been great in the rain and snow. Excellent in dry conditions.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love them. Very quiet and good ride. I feel my Tahoe rides rough in the rear at higher speeds for a ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride suspension but that doesn't have anything to do with the tires. So far they have been great in the rain and snow. Excellent in dry conditions.

I can 2nd the Michelin tires. They were really good on my Nissan Armada, and did pretty good for a NH winter. Once they wore out I changed over to Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus (LT-rated), for the better winter/off-road ability. I'll probably get another set for my Yukon once these K02s wear out.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can 2" lowering springs for the rear be installed without any other modifications without resulting in any issues? I am dying to level mine out 2" too and I really don't want to do the front lift, even thought it seems simpler, cheaper and faster. I don't want to go hacking off my rear bump stop/frame either. Just a 2" rear drop simple as it can be if that is even an option. I'll even do just an inch if I have too.
The rear can be dropped 2" with a simple coil spring change without changing or cutting anything else out.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can 2nd the Michelin tires. They were really good on my Nissan Armada, and did pretty good for a NH winter. Once they wore out I changed over to Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus (LT-rated), for the better winter/off-road ability. I'll probably get another set for my Yukon once these K02s wear out.
I like the KO2's. They have been a very good tire. They are getting thin now and noisy and I am just in the mood for something different this time around. Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
Brandon2489

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost got a set of K02s but decided on the Michelins instead. Sometimes I wish I got the K02s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork