To level or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to decide if I should do a level on my 2011 Tahoe LT. I'm thinking of either a 2.5 inch lift in front with a 1 inch lift in rear or just a 1.5 or 2.0 inch lift in front. Question is will it look silly with 18 inch wheels running 265/65r18 Michelin Defender tires? I don't want it to look to tall with too small of a tire. What are your all's thoughts? Here is a pic for reference. I'm also thinking of putting z71 fender flares on. Not 100 percent on that though.

Attachments

• 20210804_070102.jpg
    20210804_070102.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
Brandon2489

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So why drop the rear 2 inches? Prefer the lower look over lifted? Would you happen to know the differences with the rear lower vs the front higher when towing a trailer? Also what setup/kit would you recommend if I lowered the rear. Thanks for any feedback by the way.

OP
OP
Brandon2489

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had to do it all over again , put a simple 2" spacer on the front and call it a day.
May I ask why? I'm looking for real world experience and it sounds like you got something to offer haha. There is a reason people say "if I had to do it all over again" tactic.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to decide if I should do a level on my 2011 Tahoe LT. I'm thinking of either a 2.5 inch lift in front with a 1 inch lift in rear or just a 1.5 or 2.0 inch lift in front. Question is will it look silly with 18 inch wheels running 265/65r18 Michelin Defender tires? I don't want it to look to tall with too small of a tire. What are your all's thoughts? Here is a pic for reference. I'm also thinking of putting z71 fender flares on. Not 100 percent on that though.
The day after you install the level you'll need to tow 5,000 pounds and look silly with your nose pointed in the air. Air bags in the rear springs can prevent this, just sayin'.

I bought a 1.5" lift and am still on the fence about putting them in! LOL

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a stock Yukon SLT with a Rough Country leveling kit in the front, nothing in the rear. Easy-peasy/lemon-squeezy to install; basically a beer and a half job.

From the side.
9HwhAB9.jpg

From the not-side...
fHlC8UE.jpg

(I only have like 3 pictures of my rig, and two a basically the same... don't judge)

OP
OP
Brandon2489

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The day after you install the level you'll need to tow 5,000 pounds and look silly with your nose pointed in the air. Air bags in the rear springs can prevent this, just sayin'.

I bought a 1.5" lift and am still on the fence about putting them in! LOL
This is what I don't want haha. No Cali lean for me. Fortunately I never have to pull a trailer but like you said I will have to as soon as I install it haha. What happens if I lower the rear? Will I run into the same problem?

OP
OP
Brandon2489

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a stock Yukon SLT with a Rough Country leveling kit in the front, nothing in the rear. Easy-peasy/lemon-squeezy to install; basically a beer and a half job.

From the side.
View attachment 346715

From the not-side...
View attachment 346716

(I only have like 3 pictures of my rig, and two a basically the same... don't judge)
No judgement at all. The only 2 pics I have of my vehicle are the 2 I took to post on this forum. What size Rough Country lift do you have? Your rig looks good by the way.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I ask why? I'm looking for real world experience and it sounds like you got something to offer haha. There is a reason people say "if I had to do it all over again" tactic.
Yes been there.Dropped it with Belltech 2/4 kit didn't like it. You have to cut out the rear bump stop and bracket. I wound up lifting the front and rear back up. STAY away from Belltech shocks, I still got to change them out. Rough ride. The only thing I was happy about with my suspension mods were the big anti-sway bars.

IMO either put 2" spacers on the front or put 2"lowering springs in the rear. That's up too you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14