Tires and Rims Dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlkYukon95

Reaction score
So I just got this truck last week, 95 2dr, and I knew it needed front end work and tires. So this Friday I having all 4 tie rods ends, idler arm and 2 ball joints replaced and I want to have new tires installed at the same time as mine are junk. (luckily my g/f's father is an instructor at a local college for auto repair and has no class Friday so him and I are doing it and we get the parts at the schools discount!)

Here is what I have now, 15x8 black rims with chrome outer and 32x11.5R15 tires that are scalloped and about 3/32 tread left. Not sure about the off set as they do stick out about 1-2 inches. They do rub when I turn left and right. I dont even have to be turned all the way, even just normal parking lot turning they rub (very annoying). So I need to do something and I want to keep the expense under 600.

Option 1 - new 32's same rims (thinking Yokohama Geolander A/T for 139/piece)
Option 2 - new 31's same rims
Option 3 - find some stock rims with good tires (proly take-offs with a few miles)

The question I have is will rims and tires off of something newer (00-2010) bolt on? I have found stock 18's with 285's for about 600 but I am not sure if they have the same bolt pattern.

I honestly dont drive off road but 1 to 2 times a year and when I do it is pretty minimal stuff. What do you suggest? Will newer rims fit?

Thanks for all the help!

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you hate the rubbing then find some stock wheels like you found. It will give it an updated look and look good IMO. Then you can sell your current wheels and make some of the money back.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
Procomp is right, pick up those stock 18's with the tires for $600 and put them on. You will notice a big improvemnt with those wheels. I like them myself. Then see your old ones and make a few bucks. Oh, and you better jump on those 18's as its a pretty decent price, especially if the tires are in good condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia