Ok to put 20" rims on 2024 Tahoe High Country that came with 22" rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photios

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2024 Tahoe High Country, that comes stock with 22" rims. In fact, all Tahoes with the High Country trim level come with 22" rims, and there is no way to order one otherwise. I don't want my 22" rims and would like to put 20" ones on. I'm wondering... is there something I don't know about that would necessitate the High Country trim vehicles to have 22" rims?

I want to replace the rims as soon as possible but need this question answered before I do so. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem changing to 20” rims. I use 18” rims for winter tires on my High Country.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to match the outer tire diameter to the stock tires to keep the various computer systems happy. Smaller wheels with bigger tires would probably give a nicer ride too.

OP
OP
photios

photios

Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. What concerned me is that when I try to build a Town and Country trim with 20" rims, the Chevy website will not let me. Also, when I go tire shopping and put in my vin or model information, the tire sites only show me 22" tires. That's what go me confused.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. What concerned me is that when I try to build a Town and Country trim with 20" rims, the Chevy website will not let me. Also, when I go tire shopping and put in my vin or model information, the tire sites only show me 22" tires. That's what go me confused.

Those are just trim packages offerings. As you've seen here, you can absolutely put 20"s on your truck after-the-fact.

Just be aware that if you go with aftermarket rims (or factory rims from previous models), you'll have to pay attention to the offsets of the new rims and make sure that they'll fit on these trucks.

OP
OP
photios

photios

Reaction score
I just replaced my 22" stock wheels with 20" takeoffs from a GMC Denali. I'm in Seattle... I cannot believe this, but Discount Tire did it for free! I will always get my tires from there!

Is there a chance this could allow Chevrolet to void my current and extended warranty? These are the 275 60 20's, which is the stock size for most Tahoe trims other than High Country.2024 Tahoe.jpeg

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory wheels that came on other models? I can't imagine how/why they'd void anything.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my 22" stock wheels with 20" takeoffs from a GMC Denali. I'm in Seattle... I cannot believe this, but Discount Tire did it for free! I will always get my tires from there!

Is there a chance this could allow Chevrolet to void my current and extended warranty? These are the 275 60 20's, which is the stock size for most Tahoe trims other than High Country.
I have had my rig at my GMC dealer w/ the Sierra 20's on, and they did warranty work on it no questions asked...

What do you mean Discount Tire did it for free, didn't you buy tires from them for them to mount?

I agree, DT has good service...they do my annual winter/summer bolt on swap for me for free...

Only issue w/ DT is all they do is tires -- if ever a lug stud breaks, etc...you are SOL...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts