Tire Chains: Who's running what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buried the Tahoe today not even 1/4 mile from the house in about 18" of snow. Tires just could not hold on in this deep snow on cambered roads, 12 degree grades, etc.

Wrecker driver told me to get some tire chains but to avoid the cable style. He didn't specify brands or anything, but we didn't have time to talk either.....he had others to pull out all over the mountain.

Anyone here running them in the winter, any recommendations?

genesis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im just a simple tirechain kinda guy, but I bought a pair from the Fleet Farms here in minnesota, it was abotu 60 bucks and they had the vbar cut on them to give the really good grip. I used them on the ice the other day to pull a guy out of a head-on collision with an ice heave and they didnt slip once. Also used them a few weeks ago in the mountains of montana to pull my camper to do some elk hunting and they worked great.

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
We sell them at Oreillys. Give me your tire size and I will give you the part number. The brand is Laclede Tire Chains. Lemme know...