Tire Alignment AFTER drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickpup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Folks,

Are you getting an alignment after getting these drops. Is there enough travel to set the castor/camber/toe in/toe out.

Bout to buy a kit but dont want to buy 1000$ in tires in a month because the vehicle wont go into factory alignment.

Thaks

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks,

Are you getting an alignment after getting these drops. Is there enough travel to set the castor/camber/toe in/toe out.

Bout to buy a kit but dont want to buy 1000$ in tires in a month because the vehicle wont go into factory alignment.

Thaks
I have a 3-5 drop and all went back to spec no prob

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know about lowering a suv/truck but i know they make special alignment bolts that can also push an alignment farther than stock setup. so you should be ok with a kit and possibly an extra 100 bucks for special hardware.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on how low you go up front, it should go back into spec no issue. But it will certainly need adjustment.

Last edited:

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally anything over 4” will need camber bushing or new can plated to get back to factory alignment. Most 4” or less go back no problem. There are always those cases where the exact opposite happens and more then 4” align fine with no issues and less then 4” needs help

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Yea you should get alignment anytime you change or work on suspension parts. There’s isn’t an adjustment for the rear camber, toe. I lowered mine using spindle drops in the front and had no problem with camber and toe

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought Norcal SS 2/4" kit before he had spindles.When I had the kit installed, the place could not get the camber to 0 degrees. After riding around on it for a about 8 months(15k miles), I needed a new set of tires. I took it to the dealer and they tried to adjust it and the tech said the offset bushings were installed backwards. I called Tony (Norcal) and asked him about any camber issues and without hesitation he said the offset bushing were in backwards. Sent him a few pics and it confirmed that they were backwards. The dealer tech put them in correctly and now I have no camber issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont