Tint or Not to Tint??? Opinions Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I jumped on the bandwagon and got the sonar LED Tails from x3. I got the smoked version but would like opinions on if I should make them darker or if they look good like they are. Thanks!

IMAG0073.gifIMAG0074.gif

And Here are my old ones if anyone wants to buy them. They are a dark factory smoke with chrome housing. Only a couple months old and in good shape. Couple minor scuffs that can be buffed out. Paid $140 from x3. They are already packed and ready to ship for someone who wants them =) Just send a PM with your offer.
Or text 706-270-2717.

IMAG0072.gif
IMAG0071.gif
IMAG0027.gif

*Note the top does not stay lit like that normally. I have my harness wired up like that. Top is blinker and Bottom is brake/parking.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO keep them how they are. Look perfect to me :shrug: Definitely a HUGE improvement over what you had :)

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO keep them how they are. Look perfect to me :shrug: Definitely a HUGE improvement over what you had :)

Ya it's actually funny because I've done a lot of exterior stuff including headlights, bumper lights, vent visors, etc......even on my other vehicles and this is the first time my Wife actually noticed. She said "ooooooooooo I like those" .....so that's a good sign haha.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya it's actually funny because I've done a lot of exterior stuff including headlights, bumper lights, vent visors, etc......and this is the first time my Wife actually noticed. She said "ooooooooooo I like those" HAHA

:lol: That'll probably be the same with my wife. I've done quite a bit to our Burb already but I always do it when she's not around to see if she notices it or not. Up to this point she's not noticed a thing. Must be a girl thing and not really caring about modding the ride or something. If I changed something to the house she sure'd notice, though :D Funny how that works :)

OP
OP
l2yan

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lol: That'll probably be the same with my wife. I've done quite a bit to our Burb already but I always do it when she's not around to see if she notices it or not. Up to this point she's not noticed a thing. Must be a girl thing and not really caring about modding the ride or something. If I changed something to the house she sure'd notice, though :D Funny how that works :)

I know right...that's why I was shocked when she said anything.....but I move a candle in the house to a different spot and she's on my ass....lol.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: I know EXACTLY what you mean :laughing1:

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL - my wife said the SAME thing.. Loved the lights over any mod I did. That and my HID's

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

i know right...that's why i was shocked when she said anything.....but i move a candle in the house to a different spot and she's on my ass....lol.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in summary....Women are enamored with bright, shiny objects.... diamonds, lights,... :D

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perfect. we have the non smoked ones on ours but its silver so it flows well. yours looks great the way they are. right amount of reflectivity to be safe and def bright enough. much better than those durango looking ones u had. sooo much better. glad u decided to join the sonar club hahaha. now, if u figure out how to wire both halves together on these, i'll do ours. but i want u to be the test dummy first haha.

oh and PS. u are missing your spare tire lock cover

PSS hahahaha just poking fun - i already read your other threads on that little square missing. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts