time to break up with denial…guess who. 6L80!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
denalilex

denalilex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow 300,000 miles!?

It owes you nothing! Actually YOU owe it a fancy dinner! LoL
that’s what i’m sayinnnnn! lol i’m not mad i’m super grateful. hardly anyone (except the dude with the suburban who just went a mil …. ) can say they got 300 off the factory & first fluid change @ 210. my 6l80 - though i talk a lot of **** , outlived its rumors. for that i’m really grateful. + it taught me so much & went at my pace so i think im prepared for it. lol we’ll see

OP
OP
denalilex

denalilex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i’m really bad at the internet yall. but i just got the torque converter & the bearing & i ordered the zip kit & i tried to find a set of balls on the internet but i couldn’t

thanks for the help :’) im reading everyone’s stuff now

you’s always make me feel less like the chick in the autozone aisle <3

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i’m really bad at the internet yall. but i just got the torque converter & the bearing & i ordered the zip kit & i tried to find a set of balls on the internet but i couldn’t

@NickTransmissions should be able to help you find those.

MWD_CTSV

Reaction score

Checkballs! Make sure you are searching for a set of checkballs on the internet! Just wanted to clarify that... :)

The Sonnax zip kit includes 8 checkballs (.25") so you should be good to go.
https://www.sonnax.com/parts/3505-zip-kit

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, automatic transmissions are black magic. They're the only thing I won't open up and work on myself. I say drop the trans and parts off at a shop and go have a drink :rotflmao:
There's a channel on YT that does transmission teardowns and is amazing about explaing how they work in a digestible amount of time.

Look up: Richard and Teresa Educational Transmission Videos

He knows more about the black magic than anyone. I'll never try to service my 6L80, but at least now I know what's happening inside that case.

(They used to have a different channel, but I think the son took it over and monetized it..... Lame; there was a large catalog of videos there as well.)

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a channel on YT that does transmission teardowns and is amazing about explaing how they work in a digestible amount of time.

He knows more about the black magic than anyone. I'll never try to service my 6L80, but at least now I know what's happening inside that case.

(They used to have a different channel, but I think the son took it over and monetized it..... Lame; there was a large catalog of videos there as well.)
I've been watching Richard trans videos for awhile :peace: I live 500 miles from Amarillo but drive thru there 5 to 10 times/yr driving going back and forth between our homes. If I have a problem with a trans I'll yank it and drop it off with him to repair.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There was a dispute between Richard Crich and his son about matters relating to the Youtube channel itself and the son, who actually owned the channel, shut it down, apparently because he and Richard were unable to resolve their differences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo