Throwing in the towel!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmsnickers

Reaction score
Put 1k down on a new 2022 z71 Tahoe in Feb of this year and due to constraints my order has been sitting since then with no allocation. Tried another dealer and put another 1k down and have had no luck there as well. The $300 price increase for the "connected" stuff that just got added this past week is the proverbial straw; approx. 4k in MSRP increases since I first put in my order. I hope Chevy's greed is worth it when recession/depression hits and sales slow down.

Yeah, I'm salty...I was all-in on a new truck and got the matching GM card to rack up points while I waited on delivery. Guess that's not happening now and I'll just take my 100k points and buy some accessories for my dad who is still rocking his 1999 Tahoe with 185k on it!

Best of luck to everyone awaiting orders...hope your experience is/was better than mine.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, right after you ordered a new one. IMO, buy a used one that meets your needs. The crazy pricing is just now starting to get sane after all the used car market blow up. No sane yet but I believe it will be soon. Good luck.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve built 2 21 tahoes 2 22 tahoes 1 22 suburban and now 2 23 tahoes. I got 1 21 Tahoe. I built them and the dealer submitted the order. All premiers.
All except 1 never moved forward. I’m about ready to give up on Chevy myself. If I was a caddy guy, they’d build whatever I wanted. 3 decades a Chevy guy. 30 plus years and now I’m looking at a Ford Explorer

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prices went up because of inflation. It's not GMs fault, they are not a charity but rather a for profit business.

On top of that, y'all had to go buy a new car at the absolute worst time, during a worldwide pandemic with a new model release.

skisanger98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM should not allow orders to even be placed then. There is nothing worse then placing an order and months later you find out it will not happen. I place an order last Nov. and I was told in March that it will not be built, due to Black rims. If GM did not except due to the rims why don't the give you the chance to make a change? I ended up placing e a new order in Feb. without the rims and I did get it in May. Bought the same rims on a after market GM site and the dealer installed at a lower cost. Same rims as I ordered. How does a GM after market site have them and GM does not. Good way to drive up cost????

I get it about inflation but the auto industry is a major part of that. Don't blame the pandemic!!!

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't blame you. IMO there's no better full size SUV on the market. But one should have to wait that long for a vehicle.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM should not allow orders to even be placed then. There is nothing worse then placing an order and months later you find out it will not happen. I place an order last Nov. and I was told in March that it will not be built, due to Black rims. If GM did not except due to the rims why don't the give you the chance to make a change? I ended up placing e a new order in Feb. without the rims and I did get it in May. Bought the same rims on a after market GM site and the dealer installed at a lower cost. Same rims as I ordered. How does a GM after market site have them and GM does not. Good way to drive up cost????

I get it about inflation but the auto industry is a major part of that. Don't blame the pandemic!!!
That’s probably your salesman fault. He gets weekly updates on constraints and rims have been on constraint for the last year and half. So there was mis-communication there on salesman fault to let u know what was holding up the order and make the change to get it accepted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt