Throttle body and transmission ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my Tahoe tuned, I wish I could remember when they set it to lock up. I know just cruising it locks up early 40/45 and when I'm on the highway it locks up later. He also did something around 50mph to make it seem like I have another gear, wish I could remember but, it's been so long. Finding someone reputable in my area has not been easy so, I let it be for now.

I will replace the brake light switch for preventative measures though. I know years ago it randomly went on me. Noticed my cruise didn't work.

Appreciate the info:cheers:
Yep the brake light switch is also used to immediately disengage cruise as well. See if your cruise is disengaging also when the TCC does while cruising.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep the brake light switch is also used to immediately disengage cruise as well. See if your cruise is disengaging also when the TCC does while cruising.

I'll check that in AM on the way to work.
Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered a new MAF and am on the hunt for a new TB. Think I found a genuine GM on Amazon.

While I was changing/filling my oil I noticed my AirRade Jr intake coupler that connects the MAF to the intake tube was dry rotting. Need to find a replacement asap.
how bad is that dry rott? if unmetered air is getting in past the maf this could be your problem or part of it.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how bad is that dry rott? if unmetered air is getting in past the maf this could be your problem or part of it.

I agree. It's not too terrible but it is cracking. AirRaid is sending me a new one.

Attachments

• IMG_20220131_165447340.jpg
    IMG_20220131_165447340.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727