Thoughts on power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doing a slow build on my yukon of 2 cerwin vega 15s. Sealed box. and a lanzar 4000w Amp. i have a capacitor but dont know if i should add an extra battery also. i plan on switching stock truck battery to a red top. would a capacitor just be enough or what?

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
BATTERY > CAP

with that being said i would skip on the cap and go with a second battery and a larger alternator, it will save you so many head achs when it comes to that 4000 watt. personally i love the yellow tops, i have 5 of them, so i always install them or for the money you can get a kenatik HC cell, but if i were you i would just do the 2 optima yellow tops

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
how big is said cap? i have dual batts, a midget cap, and a 4k watt amp. voltage never even drops..

OP
OP

96yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not sure even what brand the cap is. got it off a system that was in an older car i got. id get a bigger alternator but i have a 500 already. and they are wayyyy to expensive past 500 haha. and not really sure how to hook up dual batterys. "correctly"

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
look at it this way, in order to HAVE 4000 watts, you have to have voltage......or you'll never see 4000 watts.
I've seen people say "I have 4000 watts" and they have one battery and 4 gauge wire...and I say "no you don't"...if your hammering your system, and it's 12.4v, or 11.9v, you are not putting out 4000 watts, much less, your in the damage coil area...

you'll need proper voltage for that kind of power.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
not sure even what brand the cap is. got it off a system that was in an older car i got. id get a bigger alternator but i have a 500 already. and they are wayyyy to expensive past 500 haha. and not really sure how to hook up dual batterys. "correctly"

your saying you already have a 500 amp alternator? what brand/where did you buy it and lets see some pics cus i have a 250 amp, and im going to be getting another.

OP
OP

96yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rush power systems did dual 250s about 2 years ago. with the previous owner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n