Thoughts on Black Exhaust Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to get your opinions on changing my polished exhaust tips on my tahoe to powder coated black tips. My tahoe is white/black, white no chrome other than the exhaust tips. I have a dual exit out the rear passenger side. Since the rest of my truck is a black and white exterior theme, the polished tips tend to stand out. Would going with some black tips help compliment the rest of the look of my truck, or just leave it the same. I figure instead of powder coating my existing tips, i can just order some tips and see how it looks.

I don't have any pics of the exhaust tips on me, and my truck is at home until next weekend, but here's a pic of the exterior to get the idea. The dual polished tips exit out on the opposite side.

sideyh.jpg

eanmizell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing the exact same thing, mine isnt polished but they are stock, and I am going to order a dual exit round slanted. like this, sorry for the quality
2f1f8e21.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it'd look good with the theme you already have going :waytogo:

OP
OP
S

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm going to go for it. Ean, i have the same angle dual setup out the side right now, but with dual pipes coming out the rear. Those tips will look perfect with ur truck. Only problem i am having is finding tips with my inlet size. My exhaust is 2.25 in, and all i can find is 2.50 inch. Looks like i might just have to have mine powder coated, but it should be too much, considering powdercoating my old 24's cost me $90 a wheel.

Ryan1126

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just had an exhaust put on mine and the tip has a matte black finish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bryan z71