Those with LS. Do You Regret Not Getting LT or Premier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to help. You will still need the fascia trim piece. I don't have the part number for that since I purchased it from the dealer. You can probably get it online for less, but shipping on a 78x12x10 box might be cost prohibitive.

Which fascia trim piece are you ref. to?

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife bought a 2018 LT RST in August. love the truck except for the 22s riide quAlity.
I’ve been configuring at LS Custom Edition on Chevrolet.com with the safety suite of BSM, lane keep assist etc and the trailer package with 3.45s(a must with this truck, our RST has 3.08s). I’m at around $46k which will be discounted down a few K.
My hope is that with the 18s and steeper gearing it will be a little peppier than the RST.
The LS does have lumbar, but doesn’t have the better sound system. It doesn’t have heTed seats either. I’m ambivalent on the leather we have now. So cloth is OK.
Are you guys Ok with the LS you bought instead of a higher trim.

We have a LT suburban
Granted we got our used so 90% of them here are LT ex rentals, but I really like the LS too.
I like the 18"s (even if I have 22" myself),clearly 18" offer way better ride quality if you stay with a road tire with soft sidewalls
I love the LS cloth, why, well the leather in our LT is fine but A) it almost feels like leatherette and B) in the summer or winter I like cloth much much better.

If i needed one for myself, I would get a charcoal colored LS with front bench, if you can still get one that is, and I agree with you on the gearing to which I would add a perf. 91 tune, a non droning exhaust and a Airraid junior intake.

my commuter for myself is a little electric car.
makes up for the suburban fuel "economy"

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 LS Custom Midnight Edition. My only regret is the Midnight only comes with the 3:08 rear. Other than that I really like it and actually prefer not having some of the options it doesn't come with. With any other LS package beside the Midnight I believe you can choose the rear gear, so unless you want it blacked out I think you would be very happy with an LS.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the black trim piece that includes the fog lights and the tow hooks. You can cut along the guide lines of the current trim piece and remove the rectangles if you like.

do you have a part number for this one?
thx!

iras1976

Reaction score
My wife bought a 2018 LT RST in August. love the truck except for the 22s riide quAlity.
I’ve been configuring at LS Custom Edition on Chevrolet.com with the safety suite of BSM, lane keep assist etc and the trailer package with 3.45s(a must with this truck, our RST has 3.08s). I’m at around $46k which will be discounted down a few K.
My hope is that with the 18s and steeper gearing it will be a little peppier than the RST.
The LS does have lumbar, but doesn’t have the better sound system. It doesn’t have heTed seats either. I’m ambivalent on the leather we have now. So cloth is OK.
Are you guys Ok with the LS you bought instead of a higher trim.
I have an LT and the Bose sound system and radio are really nice . The leather seats look nice and are easy to clean . If you kids or pets , those cloth seats will haunt you .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2015 LS for 4yrs. We absolutely loved it. phenomenal rig

We picked up a LT because the price was right. We needed the Suburban room that the Tahoe couldn't provide.

of the 4yrs we owned it, there were only 3 things I wished the LS had that I gained with my LT.
1. the 7" touchscreen radio
2. 4x4
3. power lift gate

that's it. I bought Fog lights for $50 for the LS. easy install. I would buy another LS again. It was almost $15000 cheaper to buy the LS new vs the LT new (bought in May 2014 in Hawaii...tight market lol)

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 17 Suburban which we are happy with. Heated steering wheel and seats would be nice, but not worth the price of the trim upgrade.

Only options on mine are the safety package and front tow hooks.

Unfortunately, my local dealer is now loading the LS versions so that there is a minimal price difference between the LS and LT.

16rgs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 2015 LS for 4yrs. We absolutely loved it. phenomenal rig

We picked up a LT because the price was right. We needed the Suburban room that the Tahoe couldn't provide.

of the 4yrs we owned it, there were only 3 things I wished the LS had that I gained with my LT.
1. the 7" touchscreen radio
2. 4x4
3. power lift gate

that's it. I bought Fog lights for $50 for the LS. easy install. I would buy another LS again. It was almost $15000 cheaper to buy the LS new vs the LT new (bought in May 2014 in Hawaii...tight market lol)

Tylus, where did you get the fogs for $50.00? I would jump on them for that price!!! Thanks!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons