Those with LS. Do You Regret Not Getting LT or Premier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife bought a 2018 LT RST in August. love the truck except for the 22s riide quAlity.
I’ve been configuring at LS Custom Edition on Chevrolet.com with the safety suite of BSM, lane keep assist etc and the trailer package with 3.45s(a must with this truck, our RST has 3.08s). I’m at around $46k which will be discounted down a few K.
My hope is that with the 18s and steeper gearing it will be a little peppier than the RST.
The LS does have lumbar, but doesn’t have the better sound system. It doesn’t have heTed seats either. I’m ambivalent on the leather we have now. So cloth is OK.
Are you guys Ok with the LS you bought instead of a higher trim.

OP
OP
B

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck would be in satin steel then I would get a different set of 18s and have them powder coated gloss black. Then a RST front grille (rst is not available in satin steel so the truck would look different than most) then black out the chrome trim.

kurt1305

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my LS Custom edition 4x4. I have the max trailer package, body colored door guards and nothing else. After the sale I added tow hooks and fog lights for about $300.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my LS Custom edition 4x4. I have the max trailer package, body colored door guards and nothing else. After the sale I added tow hooks and fog lights for about $300.

is there a simple way to ask the dealer to add foglights, I dont even need the switch toturn them on or off, just as simple as possible
do you mind sharing your part list for them and the process?
I am hoping there is a simpler way than what is on the sticky post for them

OP
OP
B

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We definitely use the fog lights in our rst.

kurt1305

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is there a simple way to ask the dealer to add foglights, I dont even need the switch toturn them on or off, just as simple as possible
do you mind sharing your part list for them and the process?
I am hoping there is a simpler way than what is on the sticky post for them

The dealer claims there is no way to add fog lights. I bought the OEM lights and brackets along with a Gen5diy harness. The tow hooks came from eBay and fascia came from the local dealer since he had one in stock.

22936482 Fog Lamp Assembly Bracket, LEFT
22936483 Fog Lamp Assembly Bracket, RIGHT
23332241 Fog Lamp Assembly
23332242 Fog Lamp Assembly

23245141 - Front Recovery Hooks in Black

IMG_0427.jpeg

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer claims there is no way to add fog lights. I bought the OEM lights and brackets along with a Gen5diy harness. The tow hooks came from eBay and fascia came from the local dealer since he had one in stock.

22936482 Fog Lamp Assembly Bracket, LEFT
22936483 Fog Lamp Assembly Bracket, RIGHT
23332241 Fog Lamp Assembly
23332242 Fog Lamp Assembly

23245141 - Front Recovery Hooks in Black

View attachment 215178

Thank you! I was told as well that its impossible by the dealership apart from getting a whole new front bumper
LOL!

so thanks again, I ordered all 5 GM parts number, and the Gen5DYI harness.
I will even attempt to install myself
I think I will get the tow Hook powercoated RED for s different look on my Sumit white Suburban

GatGoesBlat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have zero regrets with my 2019 Custom Midnight Edition. My wife has a 2017 Suburban LT with the Luxury package, Driver Safety, leather/heated, etc., and I don’t miss any of the additional options at all. They’re definitely nice to have, but weren’t on my list of must-haves when I was looking for a new vehicle earlier this month.

I’m coming from a lifted 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, so even the LS trim feels like luxury for me.

kurt1305

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! I was told as well that its impossible by the dealership apart from getting a whole new front bumper
LOL!

so thanks again, I ordered all 5 GM parts number, and the Gen5DYI harness.
I will even attempt to install myself
I think I will get the tow Hook powercoated RED for s different look on my Sumit white Suburban

Glad to help. You will still need the fascia trim piece. I don't have the part number for that since I purchased it from the dealer. You can probably get it online for less, but shipping on a 78x12x10 box might be cost prohibitive.