This truck just isn’t for me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean how well does it work or just how does it work? It fires up Apple CarPlay via its own WiFi network versus needing a lightning cable attached. I don’t know why CarPlay won’t work via bluetooth like everything else but it won’t. There’s only a very few of the 2020 models that have it available, no American cars. It is up and running as fast as I can start the engine. The phone can stay in my pocket. Most of my phone controls for music, google maps, phone, speech to text, etc are available on the HU touch screen. Super nice.

Sorry. Meant HOW do you get it to work?

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd probably be cool to have wireless CarPlay just for quick jaunts down the road. But, most of the time I need my phone plugged in anyway so it can be charging (it's a work provided work/personal phone so it gets heavy use). Honestly, though, CarPlay really isn't all that great for me. The car has good built in nav and bluetooth, music works as it should when either plugged in or over BT. I just don't get much use out of CarPlay.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd probably be cool to have wireless CarPlay just for quick jaunts down the road. But, most of the time I need my phone plugged in anyway so it can be charging (it's a work provided work/personal phone so it gets heavy use). Honestly, though, CarPlay really isn't all that great for me. The car has good built in nav and bluetooth, music works as it should when either plugged in or over BT. I just don't get much use out of CarPlay.

I love CarPlay. Waze alone is worth the price of admission...not to mention is much nicer looking than the stock screen setup IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792

Latest posts