This truck just isn’t for me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He seems happy with a decade old vehicle and it does not bother him if it is older. Nothing in anything he has said is that he wants a new again. Maybe his wife needs a vehicle and is happy with his 16 and he doesn't have the money for two new/er vehicles, maybe he has the money for multiple newer vehicles, either way he seems to really like the 00-06 GM SUVs and would like to have another one.

I know you like to give people crap about brand loyalty and not looking at other options but I really do not see the relevance in this thread.

Yep. Could be. Lots of maybes there.

What we do know is:

-he doesn’t like his current GM
-12 years ago he bought a GM he liked
-he wants a different vehicle

My advice was to look at stuff other than a 12 year old GM. There’s lots of fun stuff out there.

He’s welcome to take or trash the advice. Sorry if you found it to be irrelevant or upsetting.

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the end, I’ll give this to my wife and try to buy a low mileage 2006 Escalade if I can find one when my 2002 Denali gives out.

Yep. Could be. Lots of maybes there.

What we do know is:

-he doesn’t like his current GM
-12 years ago he had a GM he liked
-he wants a different vehicle

My advice was to look at stuff other than a 12 year old GM. There’s lots of fun stuff out there.

He’s welcome to take or trash the advice. Sorry if you found it to be irrelevant or upsetting.

Looks like he currently still has the 02 and drives it. Not upset at all or I would have just removed your post.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my last run from Miami-NYC this past May I saw A LOT of 16yr old [and older] GM trucks out on I-95 from all over the country. All were running just fine. They all had the windows closed tight so the a/c was working.

Now that I think about it I did NOT see any 16 year old Dodges,Land Rovers or other 16 year old makes of vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne