This truck just isn’t for me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m one of those who love my 17 year old GM SUV. It looks awesome, has a blower, cam, headers, the latest stereo with wireless CarPlay, lowered, suspension upgrades so it handles awesome and everybody who sees it loves it. I wouldn’t trade it for a new one even straight across. If the OP likes his 16 year old rig, it’s for a reason.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All this love and nostalgia is making me miss the hell out of my '02 Z71 Tahoe. I remember two years ago on a trip back from Florida my niece looked and me and said, "this thing's falling apart". Yeah...it was. Still miss it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
All this love and nostalgia is making me miss the hell out of my '02 Z71 Tahoe. I remember two years ago on a trip back from Florida my niece looked and me and said, "this thing's falling apart". Yeah...it was. Still miss it.

Same old song. "I miss my NBS." I wonder how many plots I will need to buy so they can bury me in one of mine...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. It’s because he absolutely hates how the new ones drive.

Curious...How’s wireless CarPlay work???
You mean how well does it work or just how does it work? It fires up Apple CarPlay via its own WiFi network versus needing a lightning cable attached. I don’t know why CarPlay won’t work via bluetooth like everything else but it won’t. There’s only a very few of the 2020 models that have it available, no American cars. It is up and running as fast as I can start the engine. The phone can stay in my pocket. Most of my phone controls for music, google maps, phone, speech to text, etc are available on the HU touch screen. Super nice.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
You mean how well does it work or just how does it work? It fires up Apple CarPlay via its own WiFi network versus needing a lightning cable attached. I don’t know why CarPlay won’t work via bluetooth like everything else but it won’t. There’s only a very few of the 2020 models that have it available, no American cars. It is up and running as fast as I can start the engine. The phone can stay in my pocket. Most of my phone controls for music, google maps, phone, speech to text, etc are available on the HU touch screen. Super nice.

It really tweaks my mellons that they haven't made wireless carplay available too all cars that are carplay compatible. Even tho it takes 5 seconds to plug in the lightning cable it would make life so much easier for it too just auto connect like bluetooth.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really tweaks my mellons that they haven't made wireless carplay available too all cars that are carplay compatible. Even tho it takes 5 seconds to plug in the lightning cable it would make life so much easier for it too just auto connect like bluetooth.
Because the wireless portion needs faster speed than bluetooth can provide, bt maxes out at 25mbps, wifi runs 250mbps (at close range)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat