This makes me want a 2door.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How common is it for the transfer case to stop working on these rigs? I found one locally that I like, has almost 200k miles on it but it seems to be in ok condition besides the 4x4 not working anymore. The body looks straight from the pics.

It's a 1999 2 door Tahoe.

https://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-chevy-tahoe-2dr/6729705271.html

1998 on had the same transfer case as the GMT800s, which are pretty durable but subject to stupid electronic failures like bad grounds and the encoder ring. The big failure is the wear through the case, which is why they sell the case saver.

Gorilla72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's sweet. I found myself thinking about these 2 door Tahoes lately. Im thinking about selling off my 95 Wrangler for one. That is if I can find a real nice Tahoe with gate.

I kinda like the Yukons a bit better but they seem to be harder to find.

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I like the red interior, it really sets off the exterior color. Only real men can drive a vehicle with a red interior. Way back when I was in high school, red interiors were commonly found in muscle cars, 427 Fords, 396 Chevies, and Corvettes. I've never understood the desire for black interiors, they make me think of caves.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the red interior, it really sets off the exterior color. Only real men can drive a vehicle with a red interior. Way back when I was in high school, red interiors were commonly found in muscle cars, 427 Fords, 396 Chevies, and Corvettes. I've never understood the desire for black interiors, they make me think of caves.
X2...all my late 70’s and through the 80’s had red interiors.....lol
Monte carlos, grand prixs, k5 blazers, pickups... etc, etc....lol

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2...all my late 70’s and through the 80’s had red interiors.....lol
Monte carlos, grand prixs, k5 blazers, pickups... etc, etc....lol

My '87 K5 was white with a red interior. I didn't mind it. I don't know what's different but red interiors in the '91 and newer trucks look awful to me.

Maybe because the '87 showed a lot of white inside too. The newer interiors are monochromatic.

joe

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is true, half the dash being metal and painted helped break it up.
When the obs replaced the squares i never liked those interiors until the freshen up in the mid-late 90’s but there’s nothing like a square body interior.... jmo

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true, half the dash being metal and painted helped break it up.
When the obs replaced the squares i never liked those interiors until the freshen up in the mid-late 90’s but there’s nothing like a square body interior.... jmo

I absolutlely agree. If I had stupid money I'd have an old '70s or '80s K5 that was modern underneath.

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401