Thinking of Buying a 91-99 OBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just relized there is no information here about the Factory Spider injectors being faulty , Or the Clunk in the rear end. Also have a few other things to mention will update this shortly . I also need some more input from any of you running TBI about common FACTORY issues

teamfindley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How about... Interior plastic trim pieces rattle/creak. Barn door interior trim screws fall out. Not huge, but annoying on long trips.

YukonXLPerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I sold my 2007 Yukon XL just over a year ago and am now looking to buy another suburban. I have always liked these years and have been looking hard for one in the last couple of weeks. I am still saving my last 1k or so because we are paying cash. This info definitely helps.

May-39

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lids break off rear door ashtrays
center console lid latch broken, center console cupholder is two piece and tabs break
dash vent adjusters fragile
After a quick trip to u-pick yard must be common issues as these were missing from nearly every donor.
However after some digging and a craigslist part out I was able to score all of the above, a newer complete console and some weathertech mats for $25.00 total..I am loving this common body style..

GM iraqi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must say that before I bought my Yukon I saw this thread and did everything in it so when I went to check the car I noticed some oil on gear box I was afraid that it might mean the gear need to be replaced but when I bought and tooked it to a mechanical he said it was simply the oil filter was the problem so in the end I really want to thank the author of this thread and highly recommend that anyone who wants to buy OBS should read it carefully

GM iraqi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have found a lot of difficulty trying to obtain window parts for left rear door.
I have the same problem my passenger rear door window missing the bottom so the only way to make up and down is from the central command unit in my driver door

Buz

Reaction score
Anyone have the part number for the metal intake gasket? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent