Thinking of Buying a 00-06 NBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice..... ya I already have 17s . Now just get parts lined up . [emoji106]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Rosson03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then u could always get the stainless lines, u first have to figure out if you need five or six

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I just do everything at once [emoji106]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

marleysbeard

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking at buying an '04 Tahoe, its the 5.3 with z71 package. It has 160k miles and he wont go lower than $6800. Just got done looking it over and driving it and had some concerns that I wanted to run by people that know better.

1. The engine compartment, hood and front fenders felt hot. Obviously its hot out and he had driven several miles but I just wanted to clarify if its normal for it to put out that much heat. The gauge didn't reflect overheating and no smell, smoke or steam.
2. It didn't sound bad, no knocks and didn't seem to rev high (idled well) but it did sound like a bit of a pulse to the engine with a slight change in tone(?) every 5 seconds or so when idling (with AC on btw).

Really appreciate any insight yall can provide. Not very mechanically inclined so I apologize if these are obvious.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking at buying an '04 Tahoe, its the 5.3 with z71 package. It has 160k miles and he wont go lower than $6800. Just got done looking it over and driving it and had some concerns that I wanted to run by people that know better.

1. The engine compartment, hood and front fenders felt hot. Obviously its hot out and he had driven several miles but I just wanted to clarify if its normal for it to put out that much heat. The gauge didn't reflect overheating and no smell, smoke or steam.
2. It didn't sound bad, no knocks and didn't seem to rev high (idled well) but it did sound like a bit of a pulse to the engine with a slight change in tone(?) every 5 seconds or so when idling (with AC on btw).

Really appreciate any insight yall can provide. Not very mechanically inclined so I apologize if these are obvious.
1. It’s summer time (Atleast where I am in the high 80’s) WNY...yes hood and fenders can be hot even with out the vehicle running. If the ac is on you probably heard the compressor kicking on which takes power from the engine as well so that is provably your concern. Listen and feel with the ac off for a good check. If it’s a one owner, not rusty, and has documented maintenance then the price Range doesn’t seem to far off. A southern truck is better then a rust belt truck if it’s rusty I would haggle the price.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2. Also trim matters to me Atleast, is it fully loaded with leather, sunroof, HD tow package, other bells and whistles or is it a plain old cloth trim with nothing else. A clean fully loaded interior is something that can determine price as well.

marleysbeard

Reaction score
2. Also trim matters to me Atleast, is it fully loaded with leather, sunroof, HD tow package, other bells and whistles or is it a plain old cloth trim with nothing else. A clean fully loaded interior is something that can determine price as well.

Its had a couple owners but no accidents according to the Carfax. Also have a lot of records, oil and air filter, transmission fluid changes etc. Also repairs over the years include rotors, tie rods, rear diff pinion seal and trans cooler line.

Its spent most of its life in Nebraska. A bit of rust underneath, nothing extreme and it looked dry. As far as the body just the lower portion of the front bumper has some surface rust spots. I did notice one of the connections for the passenger running bar?(round not flat) was broken, other 3 were solid and it still held weight fine.

The drivers side mirror has a crack in it but I found a replacement for ~$30.

Only other thing I noticed was the little 2" fan above the drivers head, I forgot what its called, is making a ticking sound. From what I read its easy enough to replace or disconnect entirely.

As far as trim its the LT Z71 (Tow package and luggage rack etc). Has turn signal on the mirrors (mirrors have auto retract), leather, sunroof, Auto AC, Rear DVD (works) and 3rd row seats. Tires looked new.

I know its a bit overpriced but used car prices in my area are absolutely insane right now. Horrible time to buy a car but I don't have an alternative unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e