Thinking of Buying a 00-06 NBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its had a couple owners but no accidents according to the Carfax. Also have a lot of records, oil and air filter, transmission fluid changes etc. Also repairs over the years include rotors, tie rods, rear diff pinion seal and trans cooler line.

Its spent most of its life in Nebraska. A bit of rust underneath, nothing extreme and it looked dry. As far as the body just the lower portion of the front bumper has some surface rust spots. I did notice one of the connections for the passenger running bar?(round not flat) was broken, other 3 were solid and it still held weight fine.

The drivers side mirror has a crack in it but I found a replacement for ~$30.

Only other thing I noticed was the little 2" fan above the drivers head, I forgot what its called, is making a ticking sound. From what I read its easy enough to replace or disconnect entirely.

As far as trim its the LT Z71 (Tow package and luggage rack etc). Has turn signal on the mirrors (mirrors have auto retract), leather, sunroof, Auto AC, Rear DVD (works) and 3rd row seats. Tires looked new.

I know its a bit overpriced but used car prices in my area are absolutely insane right now. Horrible time to buy a car but I don't have an alternative unfortunately.
I think the thing above your head is a cabin air temperature sensor or climate control aspirator or something along those lines, I learned to forget about mine lol. If the thing has nice steering without a sloppy gear box that’s always a plus also as good boxes are hard to find. For today’s market with the truck being clean it doesn’t sound to bad maybe try to haggle it a bit never hurts but rust buckets in bad condition sell by me for to much! I purchased my 01 tahoe LT one owner dealer maintained for $8999 back in January 2015 from the same dealer that sold it originally. 97,140 miles were on the dash.

marleysbeard

Reaction score
I think the thing above your head is a cabin air temperature sensor or climate control aspirator or something along those lines, I learned to forget about mine lol. If the thing has nice steering without a sloppy gear box that’s always a plus also as good boxes are hard to find. For today’s market with the truck being clean it doesn’t sound to bad maybe try to haggle it a bit never hurts but rust buckets in bad condition sell by me for to much! I purchased my 01 tahoe LT one owner dealer maintained for $8999 back in January 2015 from the same dealer that sold it originally. 97,140 miles were on the dash.

I was actually shocked at how well it steered. It had a very slight rightward drift, could probably benefit from an alignment at some point. Turning was impressive though, at least compared to my Santa Fe. Thought it would have been worse on a bigger heavier vehicle but it was actually better.

I originally found a 1 owner '04 that was immaculate and well kept with 130k for $6500. I scrambled to get the money but it sold the day after it posted. Still kicking myself over that one. Dealerships in my area are asking 8k for older Tahoe's with 200k+ miles! Had no idea they were so highly valued around here.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually shocked at how well it steered. It had a very slight rightward drift, could probably benefit from an alignment at some point. Turning was impressive though, at least compared to my Santa Fe. Thought it would have been worse on a bigger heavier vehicle but it was actually better.

I originally found a 1 owner '04 that was immaculate and well kept with 130k for $6500. I scrambled to get the money but it sold the day after it posted. Still kicking myself over that one. Dealerships in my area are asking 8k for older Tahoe's with 200k+ miles! Had no idea they were so highly valued around here.
The more crappy & expensive the new ones get, the more the price of the nice older ones goes up. Mine steered perfect for a heavy vehicle as you said up to 160,000 when I replaced the front end and ditched the original box not knowing the troubles of the remanufactured game. If I could choose a 2022 or a 2001 style for free brand new I would take the 01 all day. Does this one you are asking about have autoride?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its had a couple owners but no accidents according to the Carfax. Also have a lot of records, oil and air filter, transmission fluid changes etc. Also repairs over the years include rotors, tie rods, rear diff pinion seal and trans cooler line.

Its spent most of its life in Nebraska. A bit of rust underneath, nothing extreme and it looked dry. As far as the body just the lower portion of the front bumper has some surface rust spots. I did notice one of the connections for the passenger running bar?(round not flat) was broken, other 3 were solid and it still held weight fine.

The drivers side mirror has a crack in it but I found a replacement for ~$30.

Only other thing I noticed was the little 2" fan above the drivers head, I forgot what its called, is making a ticking sound. From what I read its easy enough to replace or disconnect entirely.

As far as trim its the LT Z71 (Tow package and luggage rack etc). Has turn signal on the mirrors (mirrors have auto retract), leather, sunroof, Auto AC, Rear DVD (works) and 3rd row seats. Tires looked new.

I know its a bit overpriced but used car prices in my area are absolutely insane right now. Horrible time to buy a car but I don't have an alternative unfortunately.
Used cars everywhere are insanely priced.
Anyways it’s sounds like a good deal for the truck,(price and mileage) the ticking you hear in the small fan of the above the drivers seat is actually a fan that’s tied to auto climate control system. If it’s ticking it means it’s running and taking temps to make sure the auto system is keeping the interior of the suv at the correct temperature. It ticks because it’s dusty. Usually. If you buy the truck take the fan out and blow the dust out of it with a can of compressed air. If the ticking continues then it likely will need to be replaced. Nuts it’s a small cheap part and jsut pops out from the headliner.

marleysbeard

Reaction score
The more crappy & expensive the new ones get, the more the price of the nice older ones goes up. Mine steered perfect for a heavy vehicle as you said up to 160,000 when I replaced the front end and ditched the original box not knowing the troubles of the remanufactured game. If I could choose a 2022 or a 2001 style for free brand new I would take the 01 all day. Does this one you are asking about have autoride?

Yeah if I'm being honest I feel more comfortable in the older stuff anyway not to mention the amount of computer crap in the newer vehicles makes things far too complicated imo.

I honestly have no idea about the autoride, I'll have to check into that. Would that be a bad or good thing?

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if I'm being honest I feel more comfortable in the older stuff anyway not to mention the amount of computer crap in the newer vehicles makes things far too complicated imo.

I honestly have no idea about the autoride, I'll have to check into that. Would that be a bad or good thing?
Not a lot of people like it because it’s expensive to repair when it goes bad, if the shocks have air lines going to them you have it, if they don’t chances are it doesn’t. They even make conversion kits to ditch autoride. The rpo code for autoride in the glove box is z55, zw7 is premium smooth ride which is what I have. The rear shocks self level without air with a trailer on the back.

Gene456

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would just like to add to this old thread as a new member, the gauge clusters are no good. Most of the time. But it’s a simple fix. Remove send out for rebuild and replace

Gene456

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry I should have specified. I figured it was ok for the 00-06. My 02 Silverado had a dash issue and my 03 Silverado and newly acquired 04 yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh