Thinking about picking up a 2010 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noto81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a 2010 Yukon with 40,*** miles and I'm thinking about making the purchase. I'm coming from a 03 Yukon so its not like I'm new to the Yukon world. I'm wondering if there's anything I should look for or any common problems that are associated with a 2010. One thing I don't like for sure is the nickel trim piece around the radio and climate controls, I assume I can swap that out for the wood grain surround, is that correct?

TIA

Yuk0n07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure of any specific problems associated with the 10 but all the trim pieces can be switched out to the light wood or the dark Denali wood trim pieces. I switched out the light wood in my 07 for the dark denali wood and it looks much better. Here's all the part numbers for the trim pieces or you can check ebay.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27019

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably fixed by 2010 but check the chrome on the interior door handles and check the fit of the interior B pillar trim panels. Also check for rust on the chassis if it was a north east truck may have some rust from bad winters.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget the Yukon! Get an Escalade, you wont be sorry!

OP
OP
N

Noto81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure of any specific problems associated with the 10 but all the trim pieces can be switched out to the light wood or the dark Denali wood trim pieces. I switched out the light wood in my 07 for the dark denali wood and it looks much better. Here's all the part numbers for the trim pieces or you can check ebay.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27019

I figured they could be swapped for something different, why they would put a brushed nickel surround in when everything else is wood grain is beyond me. How difficult is it to change them? Looks like its just clips into place, but how do you get it out? Do you have to remove the radio to find a place to get some leverage to pull it out?

Yuk0n07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The radio bezel is a HUGE pain, you just have to start at a corner and be very careful to pry the clips around the bezel, I believe there are 4 on each side and 2 on the top and bottom. It will come out it just takes some time, but if you plan on replacing it you can be a little more aggressive with it anyway, no in order to remove the radio the bezel has to be removed first.

Last edited:

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never/still don't understand why around the radio it's stainless or whatever instead of wood grain. It's not like that in the Tahoe/Suburban.

KidHaulr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Make sure it dosent have 3.08 gears!!!!!!!!! I have a 2010 that I picked up used about 2 years ago and it is an absolute PIG with the 3.08's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts