Cycling AC clutch 2010 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andygator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe with cycling AC clutch. using gauges the AC is not low on refrigerant. With the fan speed on high, not on recirculate, ambient temperature 88°, high pressure switch recently replaced, fans working, AC relay operating correctly and being switched on and off by System causing the cycling of the fan clutch. There is no low pressure cut out sensor on the accumulator or anywhere on this system that I can find. And the vehicle is equipped with the automatic AC system. The cycling of the clutch is consistent and usually cuts out when the pressure hits around 40 PSI on the low side. It does not run long enough to go above 140 PSI on the high side and that is with the rear AC unit turned off which does work. I did remove the inside air temp sensor above the driver's head and it was Dusty so I gently blew the dust out and reinstalled it. That seemed to have helped for a short period of time. I went back and disconnected it while the AC was running and it still Cycles exactly in the same manner. I have been doing AC for 40 years and have not run across this problem before. My question is has anyone experienced the similar problem with their Tahoe or Yukon in the 2010 model year. Thank you so much for any input

OP
OP
A

Andygator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I figured it out. Since the ECM controls operation there is a evaporator temp sensor which is behind the glove box under the airbag on the top of the AC housing you will find the wire going in from the top of that housing and is located inside the housing on the evaporator

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I figured it out. Since the ECM controls operation there is a evaporator temp sensor which is behind the glove box under the airbag on the top of the AC housing you will find the wire going in from the top of that housing and is located inside the housing on the evaporator
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

So, you explained the location but you never said what the problem is. The sensor? Wire unplugged? What?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar