Thinking about changing tire size...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99YukonJS

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking about changing my tire size and I was wondering what would fit without a lift.

I have 245-75/16s right now, I know the 265s will fit but could I go up to 285 ?

Also how do I recalibrate the computer so it gives me the right speed ?

I did some research and couldn't come up with anything...

Thanks !

1weasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen 285's on stock wheels before (It's just under a 33" tire). As for the speed, I know with my Hypertech, I can adjust it, but I don't know of any other way.

magnahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 265s fits good not sure how the 285s would fit. I don't think it should throw the speedo off by that much. I plan on going to that size after a little bit of a lift and I'm not gona mess with speedo.

just watch out for cops. lol

OP
OP

99YukonJS

Reaction score
Thanks ! Yeah I might just forget the 285s and go with more aggressive 265s. I'll adjust my speed accordingly too, also my odometer says 270,000miles...so it's not like keeping an accurate mileage is important anymore. :hahano:

MtnDewd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 285's on my 99 and they don't rub at all. When I got my BB Tune, Justin recalibrated the speedo. It was only off a few mph.