Thinking about adding Backup Cam to 07 Denali w/out nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malik112099

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon XL Denali without nav. I am looking at different options for adding a backup camera. It seems the rearview mirror setups aren't compatible with my vehicle (temp/etc on the rearview mirror) and I don't want to put spend the money/time to swap my dash to a touchscreen setup. I have looked at other wired options but not sure if I want a standalone monitor just sitting in the car solely for backing up. I have also started looking at the license plate frame options with the phone apps.

Anyone out there with this same type of setup add a backup cam or found a good fix?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're gonna need a screen of some sort, somewhere. If you don't want a monitor exclusively for backing up sitting around uselessly at all other times (I agree with this), then you're gonna have to get an integrated one somewhere. Cheapest and quickest would be the phone app design, but I can't say how well they work. Second easiest would be to replace your mirror with one that has the screen in it, either OEM or aftermarket. You'd have to run the necessary wiring for either one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442