think i have a lemon...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eandj23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I say anything, it must be known that i love GM, first car i ever wanted was a 2-door yukon, too expensive so i ended up with an explorer. After that i owned a 2-door yukon for 6 years, now i have an 07 yukon.

I am losing a lot of loyalty to GM since i purchased this vehicle. I have had so many problems with my yukon that i am seriously considering trading or selling and going with a completely different brand.

Here is everything that is going on...

1) Interior dash peeling (fixed since under warranty)
2) Interior door handle peeling ($200 to repair both, and no longer under warranty)
3) Washer fluid sensor malfunction (just had oil change and had fluids topped off and it still says "washer fluid low" (not fixed)
4) Intermitent Rear hatch sensor malfunction (remote open/close, remote start, and even locking wont work because sensor is busted)
5) Driver side air bag sensor malfunction ("service air bag" warning comes up multiple times a day)
6) Intermittent high beam failure
7) rattling noise from right-front wheel well (services 4 times and they still cant figure out what is wrong)

My old 96 yukon had 1 problem the entire time i owned it, and now i feel like i am driving a vehicle that always surprises me with new problems.

I am no longer under warranty except power train, when i spoke with service they said it would probably be THOUSANDS to repair all the problems i am having so i ask WHY BOTHER!!!???

my last hope is to call the dealership i bought it from and see what they can do...

comments...opinions...PLEASE!!!

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Oh yeah, forgot to say i have had this car for barely more than a year!

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your kon. Ive had my Tahoe since 07 and I havent had any problems. It may just be like you said you got a lemon.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

What year was your explorer? I have an 02 that is may first car that I use to haul the dog.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
To declare lemon i think the same problem (or relating) has to occur 3 times. We had the same problem with our whaler. The power steering lines kept on breaking. So far it has only broke twice but we waiting for that second time. The laws may be different in your state

OP
OP
E

eandj23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my explorer was a 96, everything ran great on it except the wheel base was short and had high tipping rates.

yeah i think the lemon law is 3x on problems but its ridiculous how many little problems i am having. At this rate i am going to have a junker in a couple years!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hate to hear it, but my old rule of thumb is to never buy the first generation of a new body style. I have heard too many stories on the 07's...sorry, not what you wanted to hear, but just going off what I have heard/seen.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
hate to hear it, but my old rule of thumb is to never buy the first generation of a new body style. I have heard too many stories on the 07's...sorry, not what you wanted to hear, but just going off what I have heard/seen.

I follow this train of thought as well. It just seems that the first model out of the new styles never seems to work out well. Sorry to hear of your misfortunes Erik.

RenaliSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be long-winded, but this was my job 4 a while...

Question...is it paid for? If not, what are your monthly payments and would you be willing to stray from that amount? I sold Lux. cars (8 dif brands) for a few years and I will tell you that you may be better off trying to sell it yourself outright than give it to the dealer who will probably tell you that Big SUVs arent bringing what should at auction (which is kind of an old line by now). Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com) also (www.nada.com) -- good guides for True Market Value considering wear, mileage, model year, options and remember...if the car fax is clean then there's SOME residual value that you can use to help sell the car yourself (prob. craigslist is ur best bet - ppl still use autotrader/edmunds/msnautos & eBay.

If it's a lemon (as you say) each state has dif. laws to defect those cars back to the manufacturers / but don't expect any major compensation...(FYI - lemon status also shows up on the CARFAX) You may be entitled to a tax credit, but you'd be so OOP that you wont care. TRUST ME ON THAT!
How many miles on the car? Whats your monthly/accrued Interest? Good condition? It really depends on how much LONGER/SHORTER you think you can deal with the problems you're experiencing.

Thats the ONE time dealers HAVE to bite the bullet! If they are in the car too much (over N.A.D.A. or KBB wholesale val.) there's no room for negotiation when trying put it "over the curb". ALSO, remember time value is a greater expense factor for the dealer than YOU! If a car (used/traded in/auctioned) is on the lot for more than 90 days...dealerships tend to wholesale those cars OR/USUALLY sell them at a loss. The LAST thing mangers want to do is feed those sleazy wholesalers who generate revenue on the dealership's failure to sell X cars a month. (thats also bad for GDP)

It sucks that you have so many problems on what is NORMALLY a newer/nicer/domestic vehicle. I don't know where you are fiscally in the GMC, but while there is still snow, your time to sell that turd is NOW! Bernake announced rising interest rates...inflation is going to increase over the next 4 yrs to pay off this ridiculous deficit...if you've financed it, your rates will prob go up (duh) if you opt for a dif. car.

Other than that brother, the best thing I can give you is Information.
(MSN AUTO - 3 Way Compare: Land Cruiser - Yukon - QX56)
http://autos.msn.com/research/compa...0&dt=0&v=m12288&v=t102752&v=t104390&v=t103368

www.nada.com
www.kbb.com
http://www.edmunds.com/gmc/yukon/2007/consumerreview.html
(This review is actually all over the Yuk's nuts - scored well)

Good Luck, & remember - not EVERY salesman is crooked, but most are :p

OP
OP
E

eandj23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the car certifed used from a very reputable dealership in southern california, at the moment i have about $3500-$4000 left to pay off, KBB lists the car as a high resale so i could make a decent amount on it if i find the right buyer, i am just having a hard tiem thinking about sellign a car that i just bought. My plan is to hold on to the vehicle for a long time since it should have plenty of miles left on it. Right now it has just over 55,000 miles on it.

I think i am going to talk to the dealer i bought it from and the local dealership to figure out the air bag issue, if something else goes wrong then i think it will be up for sale.

Thanks for the info, Renny. I have some very close friends that are car salesmen so no judgement here :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnQSmith