The wife's 08 LTZ Tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
So I figured with new updates I should start a build thread and have everything done shown in one spot. Back in August of last year we traded in our 06 Z71 Tahoe in for this one. It was in great shape with 120k miles on it. Only big gripe with it was the ugly headlights and wheels.
image.jpeg
First order of business was to get new oem headlights so she could see at night.
image.jpeg
I debadged it but thought it would be funny to send a pic to the wife of this
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

Reaction score
Tax time rolls around and we got some new wheels. The tires on the ugly wheels were nitto nt420s in good shape so we went back with a 22" wheel. Got some chrome LTZ replicas mounted up. image.jpegimage.jpeg
Also did the cheap chrome strip on the back bumperimage.jpegimage.jpeg And I found a sucker to buy the old wheels. The chrome was peeling and one was missing a decorative little black thingie. He scraped up $150 to get themimage.jpeg

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

Reaction score
Did a catch can that mounted to the passenger side headimage.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg
Also scored some newer sun visors with the oem LEDs in them. The passenger side visor was broken when we got it so I figured I'd replace both at the same timeimage.jpeg

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

Reaction score
Scored a used escalade roof rack on eBay already in pearl white
image.jpeg image.jpeg
And I just bought some Lloyds floor mats with silver logos in them
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
I also bought a Diablo intune i2 for it to turn the dod off. It had an option for an 87 octane tune so I did that as well. It runs way better now

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super clean mods! Esky third brake light and G5 tails with some new door side mouldings would complete this!

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

Reaction score
Super clean mods! Esky third brake light and G5 tails with some new door side mouldings would complete this!
That's the plan sir, she definitely sold on the esky third light. I'm just looking for a deal on one right now. I'd rather not have to paint it. I'll mod it to light all the way across before I install it. She weirdly still likes the Tahoe tail lights so I'm still trying to persuade her to change them. I'm not sure what you mean by new door moulding, these are in good shape and have the upgraded chrome trim on them.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This door molding is the one that was used on the 07-08 Denali. Not sure why for the 08 white diamond hoe's they used this door panel. Looks really weird on a Tahoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71