The unwanted Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At dinner with our 13 year old boy we were talking about cars. He wants his mama’s ‘13 4Runner Limited
I told him he could have my ‘99, he said he’d rather not drive. He’s a good kid and just saved me tons of money cuz he’s not getting that 4Runner!

She’s old but tough!

50586F7B-9D65-47DC-886C-2BB324E4F99D.jpeg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
At dinner with our 13 year old boy we were talking about cars. He wants his mama’s ‘13 4Runner Limited
I told him he could have my ‘99, he said he’d rather not drive. He’s a good kid and just saved me tons of money cuz he’s not getting that 4Runner!

She’s old but tough!

View attachment 232284

Ha! Yeah.... kids are dumb. Lol.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

She’s old but tough!

View attachment 232284

My soon to be fifteen year old daughter wants a K5 Jimmy but she'd take that '99 in a heartbeat! LOL

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! Yeah.... kids are dumb. Lol.

I am the minority here and have to agree with the 13 year old, I'd rather not drive either if it came to that body style. As a former owner and also had several family membera of a GMT400, I would NEVER own one of these again. I had a 96 suburban 2500 that was nothing but problems. The 7.4 was nice when the fuel injection wasn't messing up, and the 4L80 was nice. The rest was garbage. My family members had Silverado's and Tahoe's with the 5.7 and those were total junk. The spiders always went out, brake lines were cheap and rusted out several times, that ****** ass variable steering ******** sucked, working on the front suspension sucked, and I could go on and on. From my experience as a former owner and GM tech, the GMT400 was one of the worst truck/ SUV platforms GM ever made.

P.S. please don't hate on me too much, this is my opinion and some of the worst times of my life revolved around the time of my experiences with them, so maybe that's why I'm extra butt hurt over them, haha.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I am the minority here and have to agree with the 13 year old, I'd rather not drive either if it came to that body style. As a former owner and also had several family membera of a GMT400, I would NEVER own one of these again. I had a 96 suburban 2500 that was nothing but problems. The 7.4 was nice when the fuel injection wasn't messing up, and the 4L80 was nice. The rest was garbage. My family members had Silverado's and Tahoe's with the 5.7 and those were total junk. The spiders always went out, brake lines were cheap and rusted out several times, that ****** ass variable steering ******** sucked, working on the front suspension sucked, and I could go on and on. From my experience as a former owner and GM tech, the GMT400 was one of the worst truck/ SUV platforms GM ever made.

P.S. please don't hate on me too much, this is my opinion and some of the worst times of my life revolved around the time of my experiences with them, so maybe that's why I'm extra butt hurt over them, haha.

Lol. Opinion noted.

Simply for fun and the other side:

My 2000 Z71 Tahoe was bad to the bone. I drove it daily (as in, all day, job to job) for 13 years. Replaced 1 fuel pump, 1 battery, 1 set of tires, 1 rear end (my fault....grenade), 1 set of front bj/links. I think a thermostat once. Sure, it had a door handle that didn't work, and a cracked windshield, but aside from me bombing the g80, it never stranded me anywhere. The tow driver dumped it in the lot and I threw it in 4wd and drove it into the bay, lol. When the fuel pump died, l kicked the tank, started it up, and drove it to the shop.

All that said, my NBS is on another level and although I miss the old beast sometimes, I would never trade back. However, as a teenager, I would drive the crap out of that 350. Ha!

OP
OP
liquify33

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Honest opinions always welcome, sir!

Earlier this year a family member needed help and I sold my loaded '17 Ram and had 3 days to find a $3K vehicle. I looked at a couple NBS and at that price they were all auction trash. Two of them limped back on test drives. I found this guy and for the money I'm happy. I've taken a couple of cruises and usually drive it like I stole it with no issues. Balance/alignment fixed 90% of driveability issues.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Perhaps your 13 year old has not been cued in to the advantages of being the guy with the big go anywhere wagon with the blacked out windows. Those windows may cause you to have nightmares when he is out driving it but he could be the coolest guy in his class with that rig.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smart kid he knows gm is crap and toyota is the best car made. Lets look at it from that perspective

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos