the random projects i have (1968 beetle 1995 Tahoe currently)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mater

Mater

Reaction score
Also, where does the LS swap begin? :cool:

not any time soon as i have a vortec 350 with a bad crank i was going to steal the heads and rollery cam parts off of for the TBI 350

just because i do not want to mess with OBD1 it will get a carb and HEI if i do the swap so when the 4l60 goes out i can use any year and an aftermarket controller preferably i would go 4l80 if the 60 dies. . if i was to keep it injected it would get MPFI and a terminator set up.

if i was to change the engine i would go 3800 v6 with a turbo (have all the parts to make a solid 500+hp set up out of one) and make a fat typhoon out of it. before going LS just for something different as i have had a few LS powered vehicles LOL

OP
OP
Mater

Mater

Reaction score
well did not do much as weather and work but today i finally cleaned all the pine needles and tree junk from it. blowing out the fenders ect.

redid the door weather strip as i noticed it been leaking at the back of the doors the top weather strip was full of needles and also slid forward on both sides leaving a hap in the back moved it back and put some rtv to hold it a bit better on the rail

vacuumed a bit of the front interior to check the dash wiring and figure out why it will not crank and if i could jump the ignition switch.

did not do that but did fix the HVAC. it now goes into all positions and the blower motor now turns on it does seem weak even though it;s going full tilt. i think they tried to replace the motor and did not seal the box back up correctly.

and that was all about 3hrs of work. net day off i will finally get to the ignition wiring and see if the yellow crank wiring is getting 12v with the key in crank. could check at the starter but i am really avoiding going under there to see how bad it's rusted form sitting in a back yard under a tree for 5 years LOL

(i already know it;s bad and will have to do some frame plating)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10