the random projects i have (1968 beetle 1995 Tahoe currently)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mater

Mater

Reaction score
i would also like to add i am a bit of a collector or rare 1of1 early production cars that have zero extra monetary value for there rareness

past examples consists of

1992 Lebaron convertible base model. what made this car rare was it had the white leather sport buckets. it was a base model ti was not even suppose to have leather as it was not an option when order but it had the white leather which was limited to 500 units. how this car came to be was it was last batch of 92's built before the facelift the next year and chrysler had a bunch of extra parts so a lot of the last production units ended up with just random options before being sent to dealers to be sold

2001 Grand Prix GT coupe. this car was an avis rental car 1 of 1500 and 1 of 50 coupes ordered complete with the AVIS package which basically made it a completely striped down zero option car the base SE had more options then this car did. even had it's own special color code

1991 Caprice Classic. oh this was a fun one it was the fully loaded LTZ AND the 9C1 it was a special order detectives car. had all the hoses coolers but sadly was a TBI car so not really desirable.

2001 Aurora V8. this one is a doozey this was Vin2 it was the second production aurora for the 2001 redesign (there was no 2000 model year aurora) for consumers and is the V8 car used in the advertisement brochures. just a silver V8 with a sun roof. vin 00002. vin 1 was a silver V6 used in the same brochures. sadly i had no idea this was vin 2 till i needed to look up the vin when i went to get a new power steering cap at the dealer and the michigan rust already did it's number on it.

and the list goes on @bigdog9191999 can attest to my magical ability to finding rare unusual cars for dirt cheap LOL

i also accidently bought a truck that used to be owned by my states past governor once LOL

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He isn't lying for sure. He lives about 150milrs from me in mid Michigan, and I am in southern Michigan. In fact the the Leberon , 40th gtp, avalanche , the 2001 prix , 75 grand am, 97 prix, and I know there are others that we have both had. ( Much of it can be seen in my thread) but we have known each other since 2003 ish.

OP
OP
Mater

Mater

Reaction score
well today finally got it to fire the fuel spray pattern on the injectors are god awful but i also think it has no gas so will try and put in 5 gallons tomorrow see if that improves if not i will add in and adapter to check fuel pressure

does nto help it has been sitting for 5 years

OP
OP
Mater

Mater

Reaction score
well grandpa has a mini starter just hanging around so going to install that in the tahoe.

so far all my tests are pointing at a intermittent bad solenoid

starter benches fine but in the truck some times it will just not crank and i just hear it engage the flywheel. engine is grounded even added another ground just to be safe. when it fails to crank there is no power draw on the system lights do not dim but the S terminal is powered. if a jumper the solenoid it cranks just fine in the truck.

if this still does not fix it i will just install a ford fender solenoid so i can jump it with a screw driver LOL

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..i will just install a ford fender solenoid so i can jump it with a screw driver LOL

We call that the “steal me junction” lol

While you’re at it, install an old MOPAR starter so it sounds like a dying animal when you crank it over…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia