The KidWagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really toying around with the idea of throwing a lift on this thing instead of being slammed...

I was considering it for my Escalade but the cool wheels that go with lifted trucks are WAY out of my budget

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I was considering it for my Escalade but the cool wheels that go with lifted trucks are WAY out of my budget
I could throw some 35x12.50x24 on the wheels I already have and it would look aight.

Although, what I REALLY want to do with a lift is some Arkon Lincoln's in a 22x12 with a 33" tire.

IDK. I'm tired of dicking with everything that comes with being low on a wide wheel.

Whats your wheel/tire specs, by the way? I've been meaning to ask you for MONTHS. I'm on a 24x10 +25 with a 305/35 and the fronts rub like CRAZY over bumps. The rears are perfect.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'll do a 40k. The thermostatic 30k is MORE than enough.

The 40K really is overkill. The trans needs to reach ~200ish° to steam the moisture outta the fluid. I jumped on the 40K bandwagon without really giving it much thought. For that, I'm now planning on installing it kinda where the front splash guard is and angled the same-ish. Its effectiveness could be adjusted by changing its angle to add or reduce air flow through the fins. In this position, it would also have no effect on the air flow through the condenser or radiator.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...the fronts rub like CRAZY over bumps. The rears are perfect.

Then don't mess with the rear. Leave it as-is. Do like all the other cool kids and just lift the front.

Then you could have it both ways. You know, cuz going both ways is having the best of both worlds. It'd solve all your problems.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could throw some 35x12.50x24 on the wheels I already have and it would look aight.

Although, what I REALLY want to do with a lift is some Arkon Lincoln's in a 22x12 with a 33" tire.

IDK. I'm tired of dicking with everything that comes with being low on a wide wheel.

Whats your wheel/tire specs, by the way? I've been meaning to ask you for MONTHS. I'm on a 24x10 +25 with a 305/35 and the fronts rub like CRAZY over bumps. The rears are perfect.

My wheel/tire specs won’t really help most people. My fenders are cut and pulled quite a bit. My 26x10’s with a 295/30 would catch the fender if I hit a bump while turning but never going straight. I don’t remember the offset but they were Dub Baller’s. My current 22’s have a tiny front tire so those don’t come anywhere close to the fenders. I can go full lock and drive off a curb and they wouldn’t rub

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Then don't mess with the rear. Leave it as-is. Do like all the other cool kids and just lift the front.

Then you could have it both ways. You know, cuz going both ways is having the best of both worlds. It'd solve all your problems.
I still like women, so I can't do that.
My wheel/tire specs won’t really help most people. My fenders are cut and pulled quite a bit. My 26x10’s with a 295/30 would catch the fender if I hit a bump while turning but never going straight. I don’t remember the offset but they were Dub Baller’s.
Jesus those are 6's??? I thought you were on 4's. It's even MORE impressive how low that burb is, now.
My current 22’s have a tiny front tire so those don’t come anywhere close to the fenders. I can go full lock and drive off a curb and they wouldn’t rub
I wouldn't suggest doing that... :rotflmao:

I'm thinking the best route is going to be putting 285/35's on the front wheels. That should help me clear. I suppose I could add a couple degrees of camber in the front, too.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesus those are 6's??? I thought you were on 4's. It's even MORE impressive how low that burb is, now.

I'm thinking the best route is going to be putting 285/35's on the front wheels. That should help me clear. I suppose I could add a couple degrees of camber in the front, too.

I’ve had everything from 20’s to 28’s on there (couldn’t drive on the 8’s) but the black Dub’s were 26’s. The ones in my avatar are 28’s

You could also do a “mini tub” to cut down on the rubbing. You just cut out this small section of the fender. This is where 99% of people rub and usually don’t need any more than that cut IMG_3401.jpeg

OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I’ve had everything from 20’s to 28’s on there (couldn’t drive on the 8’s) but the black Dub’s were 26’s. The ones in my avatar are 28’s

You could also do a “mini tub” to cut down on the rubbing. You just cut out this small section of the fender. This is where 99% of people rub and usually don’t need any more than that cut View attachment 421980
Is that at the outermost edge where the tub meets the fender?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksheepstuntz