The KidWagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
Guess I better start a build thread now that I’ve started modifying my “grown up car”

2012 LTZ with every option I know of, and black on black! I couldn’t believe how hard it was to find a black on black LTZ, and this one fell into my lap 8 miles from me at a dealership. Many will say I overpaid at $20,500, but I could not find another one in this condition, with “low” mileage, in the condition I wanted.

Purchased January 21 2023 with 100,321 miles on her. One-owner and copious maintenance records, no negatives on CARFAX history, and most importantly, UNMODIFIED!

These photos are from the morning after purchasing.

Attachments

• IMG_1953.jpeg
    IMG_1953.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1954.jpeg
    IMG_1954.jpeg
    441.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1958.jpeg
    IMG_1958.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
First thing was first, get rid of those beat up LTZ wheels! I searched, and searched, and searched for some 24x10 Vossens, and again, a set fell in my lap. This time I had to drive 40 miles, but it was well worth it. Picked these up September 2 for $1900! The wheels are in PERFECT condition, save for one knick, and came wrapped in 305/35-24 Nitto NT420’s with 8/32 left on them.

Eventually I may have them powder coated all silver, but the two-tone look is growing on me, especially now that I’ve…IMG_5345.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
FINALLY lowered the truck. Huge shoutout to K.M. Ash and Travis over at SportTruckPros for all the information and helping me build a piece by piece kit.

Belltech 2511 2” drop spindles in the front
Trekline 5” rear spring with their shock and trailing arm relocation kits.

Still waiting on my Viking rear shocks (you’ll want an "X13" shock if doing this exact setup) and the Viking front coilovers from AFP to drop the front another 1.5”

Edited: X13 shock, not X19.
IMG_5356.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
KidWgn

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
You obviously drove the truck before you put the drop on it.. Any noticeable difference in the ride?

Looks good!
So, I'm one of the lucky few who had a fully functioning air setup. There's a MAJOR dip in the offramp to get to my house, probably 4-5" deep and about 4-foot from front to rear. With the factory suspension I could hit it at 80 and all you felt was a slight bump.

Without the air stuff, you definitely feel the bounce. I'll update again when I get the Viking stuff installed, as I'm sure it's going to make a WORLD of difference over the factory struts without the air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts