The GM Trademark buzz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dropped off my vette at the dealer Wednesday. They gave me a Blazer, brand new off the lot as a loaner. Awesome car, honestly the 3.6 is unexpectedly quick. In fact, my wife complains about chirping the tires when she drives it because she doesn’t expect that kind of power off the line.

Now for the annoying part that pertains to all GM SUVs. 3 leased Traverses, my current 16 Tahoe and the brand new Blazer. All have a very annoying rear folding bench buzzing noise. Fold the seats down, or move the seatbacks a couple of positions, the noise is temporarily gone.

Does anyone have a solution? I posted a question in the interior section months ago, but that’s a ghost town. No one hangs out at the interior section of this site.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
i dropped off my vette at the dealer Wednesday. They gave me a Blazer, brand new off the lot as a loaner. Awesome car, honestly the 3.6 is unexpectedly quick. In fact, my wife complains about chirping the tires when she drives it because she doesn’t expect that kind of power off the line.
Now for the annoying part that pertains to all GM SUVs. 3 leased Traverses, my current 16 Tahoe and the brand new Blazer. All have a very annoying rear folding bench buzzing noise. Fold the seats down, or move the seatbacks a couple of positions, the noise is temporarily gone.
Does anyone have a solution? I posted a question in the interior section months ago, but that’s a ghost town. No one hangs out at the interior section of this site.

Wasn't there another sound or smell you were tracking down, too? You've got some sensitive senses, George!!

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, pretty sensitive. The othe noise is all set. The GM rear seats though have been a decade long struggle (well, honestly, never gave a crap about the leased cars), but the Tahoe's mine, so I care

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have not experienced that. My seats are manual fold down bench seats.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why cars have RADIOS is to drown out sound. Drives me crazy when a customer comes in with a rattle, popping noise , squeak or some other sound and they are riding around with the radio off or the a/c speed on low as it can go.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why cars have RADIOS is to drown out sound. Drives me crazy when a customer comes in with a rattle, popping noise , squeak or some other sound and they are riding around with the radio off or the a/c speed on low as it can go.
I hear the noises even over the radio. Lol. And even the smallest noises drive me bonkers. It means something isn’t quite right and that makes me nervous... lol

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the first 6 months of owning my Burb it sounded like the tailgate was loose. Didn't happen all the time (I hate troubleshooting intermittent issues) but it was pretty annoying hitting bumps and whatnot. Went to the dealer a few times (Pine Belt Chevy in Lakewook for those who are local). The tech took a ride with me to confirm what he was heading. They replaced the inside of the rear tailgate plastic etc. Seemed to go away for a few days, then returned. To make a long story short, the manual fold down seat in the second row shimmys and the clamp that holds it in place, when you lock it down, is just a hair too loose. Loud as F--K when you hit the right bumps. Toss a laptop bag on there or anything with about 10 lbs and the noise disappears (hehe - intermittent issues).

A couple rounds of black electrical tape solved what was a very annoying problem. Once the tape gets cut through and the noise returns I'll do the same thing again but its almost 2 years now and the tape is still holding up.

Do you think that buzzing noise you are hearing could be something as simple as the seat hold down vibrating while driving? Maybe a little double sided tape at the friction point (with only 1 side removed) could solve your problem? It was a simple solution to a problem that I was getting pretty angry at. Hopefully you end up in the same boat as I.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a buzz/rattle in our 2013 Yukon XL and I have tracked it down to the 2nd row screen that is mounted to the headliner. I need to get the time to take it apart and see if I can find anything that is loose. I think it might be a wire that is not tucked in correctly as a result of the dealer replacing it back in July. As others have mentioned, trying to find rattles/vibrations/noises inside one of these vehicles can drive you up a wall as the acoustics can mess with you and the number of possible sources is staggering.

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Glad I’m not the only one who’s “picky”. Some of you are actually annoyed by the buzzing too. I also have a manual rear bench. Let’s keep each other posted. I’ll share what I find once I have some time to take it apart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14