The BEST exhaust manifold bolts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, but neither of the back two. You know the ones you cant get a straight shot at through the wheel well. And how about that dip stick issue. I need to get that out too right?
Not just to replace bolts. If you’re replacing the manifold then yes. At least on my 4.8 LY2. And as far as listing them for your engine @swathdiver they just list them for LS engines. It’s kind of confusing since they say “Gen III/ LS” but afaik Gen3/Gen 4 use the same exhaust manifold bolts and I’m also pretty sure ARP says LS as in all LS engines.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not just to replace bolts. If you’re replacing the manifold then yes. At least on my 4.8 LY2. And as far as listing them for your engine @swathdiver they just list them for LS engines. It’s kind of confusing since they say “Gen III/ LS” but afaik Gen3/Gen 4 use the same exhaust manifold bolts and I’m also pretty sure ARP says LS as in all LS engines.
Thanks, gonna think on it for a bit. The bolt kit is cheap enough to be worthwhile insurance.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two broken bolts. I installed the "brackets" as the solution. The reading I've done on this indicates the OEM replacement bolts installed correctly are a good reliable fix. I think it was mentioned the OEM bolt design is changed for better durability. To get the old broken bolts out will probably take an experienced mechanic with e.g. a welder.