Thank goodness for roadside assistance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingbilly68

Reaction score
Anyone ever had their power locks lock on their own? My family and I drove to wv to visit my parents and while unloading the Yukon, the doors all of a sudden locked. All doors shut. Both key fobs locked inside. I called progressive roadside assistance and they were there in less than an hour. I'll be checking into onstar tomorrow. I should still be eligible for 3 month free trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tunedbytuna

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This happens to a lot of us, at least to our 2006 Tahoe. Several friends with GM trucks that I know seem to have the same issues. We never leave the keys inside. If you find anything out, please share here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kingbilly68

kingbilly68

Reaction score
Wow...didn't know this was an issue. Will it happen with the key in the switch as well? This could be a serious safety concern. I could only imagine what I would do if my babies were locked inside.

tunedbytuna

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It happens even with they key in the ignition, on or off. If I'm hopping out to put gas in, I always put the window down. We never leave the key in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kingbilly68

kingbilly68

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to tell my wife about that.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I hate to be negative ( ;) ), but here is a warning concerning having roadside assistance through your insurance company: Many insurers consider roadside assistance claims as one predictor of risk, which can impact premiums. Insurance companies are known for keeping track of such information, so having a roadside assistance program through an insurance company increases your chances of an insurance rate hike on down the road, and not just with the insurance company you're currently with. That information is entered into databases available to insurance companies using such services.

OP
OP
kingbilly68

kingbilly68

Reaction score
This is the first time I've used it in 10+ years with this insurance company. I think I'm okay. Thanks for the information though.