Door handle lock/unlock button on 2018 Yukon Denali problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wicket daBear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this so I hope I posted this in the correct section.

One day when I returned to my truck I noticed it was unlocked. I know I had locked it when I left it as I heard the familiar "click" of the actuator. So at my next destination I paid closer attention to the actual lock button. When I shut off the engine, exit the vehicle, close the door and press the door handle lock button, I heard the drivers door lock actuate. However, it attempts to unlock the door, which it already is. A quick second press unlocked the remaining doors. The 3rd press finally locks the doors. I've already gone in a reset the custom settings back to factory/default settings with no change. There is no indications of a low battery as the DIC does not display replace battery and the remote works at a decent distance when remote starting. Any suggestions before I take it to the dealer? Will disconnecting the battery for an hour be something I should try, and will doing so lose the RKE fobs memory? I wouldn't think so. Suggestions please.

OP
OP
Wicket daBear

Wicket daBear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds like you need a new door lock actuator and/or grease all the rods inside.
I'm thinking it's more of a sequence issue as when I hit the button at night to lock it, (I have the exit lighting set to "off") the approach lights light up when it’s dark out. I was under the assumption that mean it's attempting to unlock the vehicle. Also, the second tap of the button unlocks all of the doors.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14