Test drove a 2023 Tahoe/Lost front driver side wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he just wants to unload the vehicle at any cost now. Sounds like hogwash about the repairs not showing up on any reports. When I get my oil changed.... It shows up on carfax and there's no police report.

Move on.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait.... Someone loosened all 4 wheel lugnuts and couldn't manage to get single tire off the truck??? That's total BS. Dealer is lying his butt off. Where's the police report for attempted theft? No other vehicle on the lot was impacted? Hmmmm.....

Sry, but I'm not. Your life and safety is more important than this dilapidated truck.

OP
OP
M

Micahendrix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wait.... Someone loosened all 4 wheel lugnuts and couldn't manage to get single tire off the truck??? That's total BS. Dealer is lying his butt off. Where's the police report for attempted theft? No other vehicle on the lot was impacted? Hmmmm.....

Sry, but I'm not. Your life and safety is more important than this dilapidated truck.
I am leaning that way

OP
OP
M

Micahendrix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No way she "pulled out" and went "one block" without hearing something or losing wheel right away, if had no lug nuts on it. It would have never been pulled out and parked without incident. What does the wheel look like. The stud closest to the caliper looks like it has remnants of lug nut pieces on it or wheel aluminum shavings.
Your wrong, she did exactly that

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all very much for your thoughts. He told my wife the lug nuts on every wheel were loose. Said someone must have tried to steal the tires and rims the night before. Also, he said it would not show up on carfax. They use an outside repair source. Said because no police report was done. This is a very small town dealership. They said no major damage . Super nice people at dealership but I just don’t feel comfortable buying it.
Does this sound right?
That second to last sentence is the most important bit. If you don’t feel comfortable, then tell the dealer “no thank you” and move on. As I said before this is a mass produced vehicle there’s more out there and there’s more coming. Don’t lock your heart on this one just because you were close to buying it. Count your blessings that your wife wanted that last test drive and it happened before you signed papers. Good luck.

OP
OP
M

Micahendrix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife did not know to ask these questions: owner stated that all tires had loose lug nuts on them and we were told someone tried to steal them. Have a hard time believing that as well. She pulled out, went one block , came to stop sign turned right and during turn wheel popped off. She heard nothing. She said she didn’t even really know what happen until she saw the tire flying across the street.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that money, and a brand new machine, I'd pass on that one too. That is a big investment and I'd want it as near perfect as possible. Every time you hear a squeak or rattle, any odd sensation while driving, you'll wonder if that was from the dealer repair.

Last edited: