Tesla screen radios???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's really sweet. Curious how well one of those works and fits.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews on these types of units. If I remember correctly there was a member that has a similar type unit in his GMT900 platform Escalade. But I’ve never seen anyone do it with a K2 gen SUV.

EZ Money

Reaction score
This looks interesting. I did the update / upgrade from MVI. I unlocked the RSE in m '15 GMC Sierra and added Blu-Ray to the front screen (an unlocked) in out '19 Tahoe. Honestly, I am ready to pull the trigger on a '20 or '21 Silverado, but I'm waiting for them to get Blu-Ray tech for the new software.
The products from MVI are a little more expensive than these when it comes to getting a whole new screen...plus the trim they are including, I would be a little weary until I could see one. I didn't see on their site if the screen mirror was compatible with IOS or just Android either.

OP
OP
N

Notorious Big T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This looks interesting. I did the update / upgrade from MVI. I unlocked the RSE in m '15 GMC Sierra and added Blu-Ray to the front screen (an unlocked) in out '19 Tahoe. Honestly, I am ready to pull the trigger on a '20 or '21 Silverado, but I'm waiting for them to get Blu-Ray tech for the new software.
The products from MVI are a little more expensive than these when it comes to getting a whole new screen...plus the trim they are including, I would be a little weary until I could see one. I didn't see on their site if the screen mirror was compatible with IOS or just Android either.

I almost went with the MVI update as well, but this would give me double the screen size.
MVI was more as well.

Hoping that the new generation ushers in a lower price.

EZ Money

Reaction score
I almost went with the MVI update as well, but this would give me double the screen size.
MVI was more as well.

Hoping that the new generation ushers in a lower price.

I’ll be honest, I have had zero issues with the MVI stuff. It seems pricey but they are using and reprogramming factory GM parts. This was a big plus for me as GM puts a lot of engineering into their stuff. To me it is worth the money.

B2sdad

Reaction score
Ive been told that the android operating system on these units are the weak link, one of the units i looked at had only four gigabytes of ram, which i can almost guarantee you the operating system will use up. Which basically means these tablet style radios will be slow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick